Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi im trying to get Audio working on my GA-Z97X-UD5H (ALC 1150)

Im running Yosemite with Clover Bootloader. Someone reccommended the CloverALC method however when i run the script, I get the following output.

Agreement
The audio_cloverALC-100 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_cloverALC-100 script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.

File: audio_cloverALC-100.command_v1.0.1
Verify EFI partition mounted, Finder/Devices/EFI

No audio codec detected
To save a Copy to this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout

[Process completed]

The original AppleHDA.kext should be in place, i removed it once trying a different method, but copied it back again. In System Information I dont get any Ports listed either. (see screenshot)

Was someone here able to get audio working with this method on this board? Hope someone can help me. Thanks for your time

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-04 at 14.55.57.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-04 at 14.55.57.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,398
I have the exact board -- easiest way to get audio going on it is the following:

From the latest Multibeast, install the Realtek ALC1150 kext. Check the "Optional EFI Installed Bootloader" option or you'll get an error because it tries to find files that don't exist in a Clover setup. Check in /System/Library/Extensions to make sure you don't have any other HDA-related kexts from other attempts, like HDAEnablers or anything like that.

In your clover.plist (mount your EFI partition and it's /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/clover.plist), look for the "Devices" key, and edit it to start like this:

Code:
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>1</string>
		</dict>
                (whatever other keys were already in this section, like USB, follow)

This will force layout ID 1, which is what the patched AppleHDA.kext expects for this board's port setup. Unlike the CloverALC method of patching the native AppleHDA kext on boot, this won't survive an OS update (you'll have to re-run Multibeast afterwards), but I wasn't able to get everything working any other way. Could just be me though :)

Best way to get audio and survive any future patches for my system was with:
1) 9series ssdt audio injection https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_9series
2) Clover audio patch https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Read the instructions and you won't fail..Something to keep in mind though, if you are multibooting with windows,in order to get the read green jack to work,make sure to shut down your pc before booting osx.Cause restarting from windows to osx breaks sound.

Yeah, I tried the Clover patching of the native AppleHDA kext, wasn't able to get it to work but if you can I agree it's a totally better process as it would survive updates no problem.

Edit: I found the issue with the CloverALC native kext patch on my system -- for some reason the script did not properly bring over one of the find/replace values into Clover's config.plist! For anyone having an issue, in the event it helps -- check your Clover boot log, if you see messages about "invalid find/replace data", take a look at your Clover config.plist. The first item added to KextsToPatch should look like this in Textedit (pay attention to the data fields, on mine the replace data was off!):

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>t1-10.9/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>ixnUEQ==</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleHDA</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>AAnsEA==</data>
            </dict>

Or like this in Xcode/Property List Manager:

Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 09.16.02.png
I don't know if this was just an issue with my system, the script made the same error both times without complaining (the 'replace' data in hex was missing the leading 00 for me -- it was written as '09ec10' instead of '0009ec10') but everything works great once I manually corrected the data field.

Im running Yosemite with Clover Bootloader. Someone reccommended the CloverALC method however when i run the script, I get the following output.
e

Hi

How you ake yosemite running with clover? I have a week traying to do that but i just have kernel panics. Can you help with that? Thnks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back