Contribute
Register

No static IP on en0 after wake (RealTek RTL8111E, Lnx2Mac's driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked for me to.

Where did you get the driver? I've got a problem with my network just quitting after awhile. I have to restart to get it working again.

Driver is included with MultiBeast. it proposes optionally install RealTek driver or Lnx2Mac's driver. Just choose option what you need.

Will WOL work on Realtek driver? Last time when I try it, it not work for me. Please confirm.

Thanks

Noodle

Hi,

had the same error, no working RTL8111E with Lnx2Mac driver after sleep.
No difference if I used fixed ip of DHCP.
if connected to 100 MBit switch there is no problem, when connected to GBit switch the network is functional after boot, and sometimes after sleep.
Tried two different GBit switches (TP-link and LinkSys)

removed Lnx2Mac driver and installed Realtec 2.0.6 driver.
Up to now the network is active 100% of the time (20 trials, sometimes after short sleep, sometimes after 8 or more hours sleep)

Did not test with the fix ip address

Good luck

Wilco

I'm having this problem too and I can confirm that Realtek drivers fix it. But bonjour is broken with Realtek drivers and I need it, so back to lnx2mac.
Anyone found a workaround for this, till a new lnx2mac driver is out?

I finally found a solution. Goofy but it works. Actually the solutions to most have my problems have been the same.. By an adapter so you don't have to use the motherboard! I bought an Apple USB Ethernet adapter, plugged it in and everything works great, with no disruption. The network SEEMS faster, but I havent tested it Here;s a link:

http://store.apple.com/us_smb_78313/product/MC704ZM/A/apple-usb-ethernet-adapter

This is not a solution. And 100M? how could you get faster network?

I finally found a solution. Goofy but it works. Actually the solutions to most have my problems have been the same.. By an adapter so you don't have to use the motherboard! I bought an Apple USB Ethernet adapter, plugged it in and everything works great, with no disruption. The network SEEMS faster, but I havent tested it Here;s a link:

http://store.apple.com/us_smb_78313/product/MC704ZM/A/apple-usb-ethernet-adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back