Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
HD 4600
Hello All,
So i have been working on this issue for quite some time, fixed it and now its back.I had a thread about this already but i decided to make a new one, and make it a little bit less messy. and to maybe help people having the same issues.

The Problem
The problem began a little bit over a month ago.I turned on my computer and suddenly it got into an endless restart sequence. Decided to unplug and open up the case and check everything, all looked good so i started it up again, and it started!!Then later when i came back from work i started it up and again it got into the restart sequence. This time i didnt go away....

Startup sequence when my system worked normal:
Fans started spinning, hdd/ssd went on fron case LED went on, 1 click in the PSU, the CPU fan always twitches 2 times before it goes fully spinning.

With everything connected:
what happens is that it tries to start up. I see the fans all spinning fan LED goes on hard drive is turning on everything is getting into movement, i hear 2 clicks from the PSU and then it restarts. (this happening in like 4 seconds)

With everything but CPU and FAN and 1 ram stick connected:
it turns on starts spinning but nothing happens, it just stay's on, but no beep and no screen and no click in PSU (the same happens without the screen connected.

What i have done:
The following is all done without HDD, SSD and case fans connected and PSU plugged in the wall.

- Cleared out all the dust and made sure nothing is shorting out my mobo.(checking screwd under MOBO, reseating everything, made sure no cables touch the MOBO)
- Checked different ram Slots (and different stick, the same kind tho)
- Tried a different power cable- Reseted the CMOS with a jumper and even took out the battery for some time.
- Checked the cpu for damage and reaplied thermal paste.
- Left out all ram sticks
- Checked if i could get into bios with another power supply. (Got my system to a friends house and used his PSU, corsair 450W)At this point i got rapid continuous short beeps, then it restarts and beeps,restart,beeps over and over. (i had no ram installed)
- Lastly disconnected power cable, reseted cmos again, put my ram stick in the 3rd slot and pressed down the power button for like 30 seconds (i heard that it could help removing any unwanted electrical current or something), turned it on and voila i got into bios!!Put in my other ram stick aswell in the 4th slot, and got into bios again.
- I put back in my own PSU and it worked aswell, it got into bios.
- So from this point i started reconnect the HDD and SSD and it booted up like nothing ever happened.I still have no idea what the exact problem was but i decided to just go with it and hope it will never happen again. Tho it seemed like my system was a bit slower than before (but that could have just been paranoia)

Now:
i started the computer up and o my ******** god it happened again....... NOOOOI am so darn confused. Getting a new PSU tomorrow, cause i have a feeling this al it power related.

UPDATES:
- I put in a new Coolermaster 650W PSU, put 1 ram in, it got into bios, put other ram stick aswell as my system fans in, started up again, loaded optimized defaults and changed it back to my bios settings and also set Secure boot to disabled. Connected my HDD and SSD and its boot's just fine.

- Now im going to put a TP LINK WDN4800 in and gonna do a fresh yosemite install (before i was using a usb wifi device wich never really worked normally)

- Did a fresh install of the newest Yosemite, and installed the TP LINK WDN4800, everything so far works.
Also my TRIM support is now enabled wich wasn't before, and I'm noticing my shutdowns are way faster then before. Before when i shutdown it would always stay on for a little while after the screen went black. Temps are a little bit lower than before to.

Other things i noticed:
- Sometimes when i press the PSU button on the back to OFF i hear a short static electrical sound.Il be updating this post when as i go.

(Btw thanks for the help in the last thread dz0rpw, rickmywirry, P1LGRIM !!!)

System:
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z87 HD3
CPU : Intel i5 4670 (non k)
Ram : Crucial ballistix tactical 2x4 gb
SSD : Crucial M500 120GB
HDD : WD Red 500GB
Power : Corsair CX 600 Watt
Case : Sharkoon vaya value ATX Case

BIOS SETTINGS
:
RAM to XMP profile 1
Vt-D to Disabled
xCHI and eCHI handoff(s) to enabled
xCHI mode to Enabled
preferred graphics to IGFX
integrated graphics ram to 1024
Secure boot to disabled

Attachments:
HWmonitor under no load and under load
Multibeast settings
Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 12.40.11.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-09 at 12.41.02.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-09 at 12.06.19.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-23 at 19.04.10.png

I gues my question now is, did my corsair PSU just die? And if so why did everything work including the PSU after i used a other PSU to start everything up? Its so weird... its like the other psu that i used at the time revived a component of the motherboard that wasn't getting enough from my own PSU. is that even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back