Contribute
Register

No sound through HDMI with Dell Optiplex 7010 on Sierra (voodoohda)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4
CPU
Intel 3.2gh i7
Graphics
UHD 630
I have just about everything working on a Dell Optiplex 7010 (even iMessage), but the audio is driving me nuts.

There doesn't appear to be a "Newbie" Audio guide and the guides I've seen are confusing to me, I'm sure they're easily understood for an experienced user, but I'm finding them difficult to understand.

Through perseverance though, I've got the onboard sound to show up in system preferences, but even when I choose HDMI output, there is no sound to my TV/Monitor.

The ONLY way I could get sound recognised is by installing Voodoohda AND deleting AppleHDA.kext.

No matter what i did in Unibeast, I could not get the "ALC269" selection to work, but quite happy to try again if someone can think of other things to try.

I **ONLY** selected ALC269, is there anything else I should do ?

Is there any way to make HDMI to work with voodoohda (2.6.9 i think, away from home at the moment)

Hello, how did you configure iMessage ?

Have same computer, but i have no audio and no iMessage, you are better than me..

I have a similar problem, but I haven't yet been able to (on my Dell t3600 with ALC269 audio) even get the regular audio working. I'll try Voodoo and deleting that kext, then if that works maybe I'll try the HDMI audio. Which graphics card do you have? From what I understand the NVIDIA ones rely on your built-in audio but the AMD/ATI ones have their own, but that said I'm not quite sure how that works.

I have just about everything working on a Dell Optiplex 7010 (even iMessage), but the audio is driving me nuts.

There doesn't appear to be a "Newbie" Audio guide and the guides I've seen are confusing to me, I'm sure they're easily understood for an experienced user, but I'm finding them difficult to understand.

Through perseverance though, I've got the onboard sound to show up in system preferences, but even when I choose HDMI output, there is no sound to my TV/Monitor.

The ONLY way I could get sound recognised is by installing Voodoohda AND deleting AppleHDA.kext.

No matter what i did in Unibeast, I could not get the "ALC269" selection to work, but quite happy to try again if someone can think of other things to try.

I **ONLY** selected ALC269, is there anything else I should do ?

Is there any way to make HDMI to work with voodoohda (2.6.9 i think, away from home at the moment)

I got sound working with the kext in DSDT for Optiplex 9010

imessage, sleep and usb ownership is not working as expecting... any tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back