Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my setup.

Asus X99 Deluxe (current bios 3505)
ATI Radeon R9280X (normally two but just one for troubleshooting)
4 x 8GB GSkill @ 2133mHz
512GB 850 EVO Pro
1 TB 850 EVO

Power management works. USB semi-works but critically doesn't recognize my Fiio EO7K DAC. I've been tearing my hair out trying to get audio going. Devices are recognized. Preferences update immediately when I plug in my headphones. iTunes opens but when I try to play a song, nothing happens, i.e. it doesn't even begin to play without sound. This is the case for both mp3 and m4a files. I can watch movies but with no sound. There is no sound from the green output on the motherboard or any of the others, regardless of what I have selected in Sound Preferences.

-- used entries relevant to ALC1150 from config-audio_cloverALC-120.plist for config.plist
-- injection with audio id 2 is working (checked with audio_codecdetect_v2.1.command)
-- ran audio_cloverALC-120.sh

(I've done a lot of other things like promising to be a generally better person, but they're probably not relevant here.)

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• boot log.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 113
  • config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 201
  • kexts.png
    kexts.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Mac Pro.ioreg
    5.8 MB · Views: 107
  • Terminal_Shell_Export.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
There is no sound from the green output on the motherboard or any of the others
MacOS does not support X99 natively.
Controller patch required
Fix: see Post #1/Unsupported/Non working Realtek ALC AppleHDA/2. X99

MacOS does not support X99 natively.
Controller patch required
Fix: see Post #1/Unsupported/Non working Realtek ALC AppleHDA/2. X99

Thanks, Toleda, so I took these instructions which I hope were the correct ones:

X99/Intel High Definition Audio (Workaround requires 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)
  1. Rename dsdt/ALSA to HDEF (Select one method)
    1. Clover: Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip
      • Add config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Rename ALZA to HDEF
      • Disables HDEF/HDMI audio ssdts
    2. ssdt injection (any bootloader):
  2. Restart
  3. Install Realtek ALC Audio (see Realtek ALC Installation Methods)
  4. Add x99 HD Audio device_id (Select one method)
    1. Clover: Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip (Select one, appropriate version)
      • Add config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/10.10-10.11+x99-ALC-Onboard-Audio
      • Add config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/110.9.4-10.9.5-x99-ALC-Onboard-Audio
    2. Patched AppleHDA.kext (RealtekALC, MultiBeast 7 and earlier)
  5. Restart
-- I removed previous patches from my config.plist, removed realtekALC.kext and reinstalled Sierra.
-- added the Rename ALZA to HDEF patch, set audio device injection to 1 and restarted
-- when I ran audio_codecdetect_v2.1.command, no audio codec was detected, although the IORegistry shows a device ID of 20 8d and the name HDEF. I'm a bit confused by Step 3, above. I interpreted it to mean run audio_cloverALC-120.sh. Is that correct?

After running Kext Utility and restarting, audio injection worked. I installed with audio_cloverALC-120.sh and added in the device id. Big improvement! itunes now works and I'm getting sound through the front panel headphone jack. No sound though through the rear jacks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 273
  • Mac Pro.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 106
  • boot log.txt
    28.3 KB · Views: 101
Hi, were you able to take a look on this?
Ok, done.

A. Edit Platforms.xml/zml
Item 5 (Black: 21/13/3) deleted.
B. Edit HDAHardwareConfigDriver/info.plist or realtekALC/Info.plist
AppleHDA.kext>Contents>PlugIns>AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext>Contents>Info.plist
Open on PlistEditPro, can't find CodecID, or correct LayoutID. Went into Menu Edit>Find>Find, search for 21571c20 21571d10 21571e01 21571f01, no match found.
Thank you again.

No macOS native HDMI audio on non native hardware, see HDMI Audio AppleHDA/cloverHDMI

Similar name: HD520, HD530, HD540,
What do you suggest?
In boot log, I found HDMI audio device
0:100 0:000 PCI (00|01:00.01) : 10DE 10F1 class=040300
0:100 0:000 - HDMI Audio:

I found HDMI audio device
macOS has has no idea what to do with any HDMI codec. Native firmware provide the interface on native hardware. ACPI table edits provide the interface for macOS on non native hardware. Clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back