Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Toleda

I'm progressing with your help but that's not ok. (excuse me, if posted on GitHub also before seeing this thread)

Here's my config
Gigabyte Z77 DS3H, EFI BIOS, i7
Bracket connected to the mobo with 5V supply through USB pin, tp have SPDIF output
SPDIF working under windows
ALC887 normally, but shown as 888b under DCPImanager.
I used audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command, it detects 887

I can have analog audio under OSX, but no SPDIF output through OSX. So I used the customizing guide, procedure 7 to substitute SPID output.

I used layout 3 before, but Toledo suggest me on GitHub to switch back to layout 1, which I did.

I patched the 2 kexts :
-AppleHDA, platform.zml.lib, pathID 887, with pins 30/6 to 17/16 like shown in the customizing guide
-realtekALC for clover (10.12 folder), with the configData patch provided but the guide

Here are all files attached.

Analog audio is now working under OS X with the 2 kexts patched, but the SPDIF output is not working.

So I'm looking for the mistake I did

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• log terminal.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 103
  • DPCI Manager.png
    DPCI Manager.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 125
  • ioreg.iojones
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Sound output.png
    Sound output.png
    146 KB · Views: 118
  • Sys info.png
    Sys info.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 116
  • AppleHDA before patch.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
  • AppleHDA patched.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • realtekALC before patch.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 73
  • realtekALC patched.kext.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 78
All attached files show Audio ID: 3, fail.
Post here or Github, not both.

Yes i dont understand at all !

id injection in clover is layout 1, but audio id 3 under system pref :( :( I dont understand at all

FOUND !!!!

In the past I was using dsdt.aml mod :) It was were the layout id was forced !!!!

Thanks Toleda, it works now with procedure 7 of the customization guide

Your my god :)

Intermittent is not related to wake/sleep. Off topic.
Verify config.plist/CPU has no frequency settings and UseARTFrequency/NO

Verified no frequency settings and UseARTFrequency is off/no.

Still getting sound outages. Played sound in YouTube on Chrome, closed Chrome and then no sound...doesn't happen every time though I just tried and lost sound.

Rebooting gets it back.

No further suggestions.

If you're open to one more try...when the sound went out today, this appeared in the console:

Feb 13 13:38:19 Brians-Mac-Pro filecoordinationd[394]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_MACHPORT] monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked
Feb 13 13:38:19 Brians-Mac-Pro AirPlayXPCHelper[118]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_MACHPORT] monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked
Feb 13 13:38:19 Brians-Mac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.preference.sound.remoteservice[904]): Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9 sent by com.apple.preference.sound.remot[904]

Is this useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back