Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignored Post #1210. Attach screenshot.
Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 5.30.12 PM.png

I have an asus z170 pro gaming/aura mobo and upon clean instal I ran multibeast and installed the ALC1150 driver as well as the 100 series audio. My sounds not working, no audio output devices appear and I have no clue where to start

Install realtekALC.kext.zip to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12
Restart, reply with new files

DPCIManger installed realtekALC.kext into 'Other' folder. There is no 10.12 folder. It also installed it into S/L/E. Does that matter?

1.) No sound out of anything.

2.) 10.12.2 / GA-H55-USB3 / F5 / 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7 / GeForce GTX 960

3.) Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio [Guide] / CloverALC

Terminal saved output attached

4.) attached

5.) attached

6.) Not installed

7.) Still no 'kernel sound assertions' that I can see. Used Find command.

8.) Attached

9.) N/A

10.) Attached

11.) Logitech x-230
green, motherboard
Internal Speakers.
Logitech HD Pro Webcam mic not showing up in Sound Input Preferences.

DPCI Manager Status.png

EFI:CLOVER:kexts.png

L:E.png

S:L:E.png

System Info Hardware Audio.png

System Prefs Sound Output.png

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 144
  • DPCI Manager Boot Log.txt
    25.5 KB · Views: 218
  • RobsMacPro.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 102
  • Script Text Output.txt
    3 KB · Views: 127
DPCIManger installed realtekALC.kext into 'Other' folder. There is no 10.12 folder. It also installed it into S/L/E. Does that matter?
Audio is configured correctly and working.
How did realtekALC.kext get to S/L/E?
When you updated to 10.12, you needed to create 10.12 folder

Audio is configured correctly and working.
Yes it is!
How did realtekALC.kext get to S/L/E?
When you updated to 10.12, you needed to create 10.12 folder

I was under the impression (from things I had read) that I couldn't just drag and drop a kext into place; that it had to be properly installed. I used DPCIManager to do it, thinking that I would be given the opportunity to select a destination. I wasn't, and DCPIManager installed it into both locations.

Is this a problem? Can/should I move kext into created 10.12 folder, remove the S/L/E kext, and rebuild cache and repair premissions, or should I just leave things alone as Sound is working?

BTW, many thanks Toleda. I'm an artist/musician whose mind does not grasp most of these concepts very well. I know enough to destroy a system (backing up now : ).

Last edited:
I was under the impression (from things I had read) that I couldn't just drag and drop a kext into place; that it had to be properly installed.
True.
Is this a problem? Can/should I move kext into created 10.12 folder, remove the S/L/E kext, and rebuild cache and repair premissions,
Script installs kext in the correct location, no reason to move.
Fix: with SIP disabled, copy realtekALC.kext to the 10.12 folder. Move S/L/E/realtekALC.kext to Trash; that operation triggers a kernel cache rebuild. Restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back