No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
When I run a command I get

File: audio_cloverALC-120.command_v1.0b0
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.

OK to patch

No audio codec detected

Into devices I always see Mobiola.

What's the problem?

ALC892
MB GA-H81M-HD3.
macOS Sierra
native AppleHDA installed

Attachments

• Screenshoot 2016-09-28 in 10.00.55.png
    Screenshoot 2016-09-28 in 10.00.55.png
    9 KB · Views: 118
See Troubleshooting/Problem Reporting, Post #1. Off topic.

After Installing ALC892 from Multybeast there was no audio, but then your script have done everything cool. Now there is a sound on my hack. Thank you.

Audio works for a seemingly random amount of time, and then begins cutting in and out. Killing coreaudio or changing the format in Audio MIDI setup momentarily fixes things, but then audio shortly begins cutting in and out again. After a while, it may stop completely. Occasionally there is a sound assertion error in the console, but usually not.

CloverALC method was used (terminal output attached). I've also tried multibeast, with the same effect.

System Info: OS X 10.11.6 / ASUS z170A Bios version 1902 / Intel 6700K / No discrete graphics cards (running off Intel HD 530)

Speakers are Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II, currently connected to the rear speaker (black) port with the second Line Out selected in sound preferences. The same issue occurs when connected to the rear green port with Internal Speakers selected.

Attached is IOReg output, AppleHDA.kext, cloverALC terminal output, screen shots of System Information and Sound output, clover config.plist and boot log. I've also attached directory listings of /System/Library/Extensions, /Library/Extensions, and a few EFI/CLOVER directories.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• jfm_tonymac_audio_files.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 91
Regarding post 1023, any thoughts? Any ideas at all would be great.

Try config.plist/CPU/UseARTFrequency/YES

Same issue occurred, unfortunately. It coincided with a sound assertion error this time:

10/9/16 12:23:01.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion - 8086:a170 FIFO error (Stream 9)

I've just tried disabling all XMP settings, in both Clover and BIOS. In my limited testing, the audio no longer cuts in and out. However, when I play a song in iTunes, it starts fine and slowly gets more and more full of static and distortion until it is just noise. Disabling UseARTFrequency again seems to fix the static.

I'm fine with keeping XMP off, if that is the only option (though of course I'd prefer to have my RAM run faster). Have you heard of XMP causing audio issues before?

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 10.30.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 10.37.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 10.44.20 AM.png

After a clean install of macOS Sierra ver 10.12, I have no audio. I have followed Toleda's guide, as I have for Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan, except now no sound. After using the alc tool, I do see audio devices in my Sound preferences output, but there are no combinations of output devices and ports (on the motherboard) that gives me any sound. I have enclosed screen shots from terminal output after install as well as my plist, IORegistry.

Asus Z-97-Deluxe
Intel i7-4790k
onboard audio

Thanks
DCHAF

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 94
  • David’s iMac-IORegistry.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.