Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I managed to succefully build my Hackintosh thanks to you guys, I always felt guilty of no giving anything back. This is an attempt. I wanted to share a piece of information just in case it can be useful. Right now I am running 10.11.2, and I thinks everything it´s ok. Few months now have passed since I managed to have the system running with Yosemite first and then el Capitan. I never managed to have iMessage working (in fact I never tried to solve it; I am well served with the iPhone and the iPad!). I didn't manage either to have the sound working. But in this case I tried hardly, and although I never had a problem with getting the device to show up (followed non edition based techniques), I didn't manage to have sound. I stopped my attempts since a couple of months now. Last week, after I unintentionally!! upgraded to 10.11.2, I started to have frequent kernel panics with automatic reboot each time. So this afternoon I decided to check it out. I checked the box cpus=1 in my clover plist. Then, without checking what effect this change might have, I suddenly decided to make a short attempt with iMessage. I followed cobo's procedure (Getting iMessage working on 10.10.2 (generating unique UUID and Board Serial Number, thanks a lot cobo!!) in ****** and to my delight i worked flawlessly. Then I had a thought: What if fixing iMessage would fix the sound problem, I bet!! (without any rationale in mind, just circumstantial idea). Ha, ha, ha, perfect sound (in the black connector that's just above the green in my mobo). And now since 7 hours or so no single reboot! I hope you can make sense of this. I am very good at reading and following procedures, but I am just a biologist! best wishes. I followed a full clover based procedure for my build.

Hi Toleda,

GA Z97N wifi
i7 4790
16gb Ballistix Tactical
osx 10.10.5 installed using Stork's guide for Z97N wifi
Optical audio signal path
IGFX, no PCI card
Multibeast System Definition = iMac 14,1

This is all after a fresh wipe of the HDD and re-install via unibeast and then running Multibeast from Stork's guide.

optical audio is currently working great in stereo. I am attempting to now enable 5.1 output via the optical. If I am understanding this correctly, one method of achieving this is to run one of the scripts in section II, paragraph 1 of yourAudio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide and then select Audio ID: 1 (I think?), and then restart.

I've downloaded the
audio_realtekALC-110_v1.0o1.command
as listed in the guide, and I got the message below

codec: 8b19d411 is missing
S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is not native
Install native AppleHDA.kext
No system files were changed

The AppleHDA.kext was present in S/L/E. Was the native AppleHDA.kext modified when I ran Multibeast to install the RealtekALC 892 drivers and selected Audio ID:1? If not, how else can I get the native kext if it's not there after a fresh install?

Thanks!

Attachments

• installboy's_iMac-ioreg.iojones
    692.1 KB · Views: 83
I'm confused. I'm not able to get 5.1 outputting through my optical port into my receiver. I've tried both MPlayer and VLC with 5.1 content. I re-read http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/133780-surround-sound-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html#post816161, a

and saw that

2. Optical audio
Onboard audio

1. MultiBeast 7+/6+
  2. Realtek ALC AppleHDA

I had taken this to mean that I needed to use Multibeast AND to install via teh ALC AppleHDA guide. Is that a misunderstanding, is it actually one or the other?

Thanks!

I've tried both MPlayer and VLC with 5.1 content.
is it actually one or the other?
Off topic. Post to linked thread.
Missed the whole point of the linked thread, Post #1/Recommendations/2 Optical 5.1
VLC does not support OS X Optical 5.1 on non native hardware.
MplayerX needs specific Pref settings to work.
Yes, either not both.

Hi Toleda,

I would really appreciate to have your help to fix my audio issue. I am using the ASUS Rampage V Extreme, ASUS Strix GTX 970 with Clover on 10.11.2

I have followed your guide to get to get the ALC1150 work on the x99, but initially it didn't work out. I've had to mix the various methods with the provided SSDT3 and used "fix sound" in clover to get it somehow working.

However, when I plug in the headphones in the front jack, the system detects it and the output in System Preferences changes from "Internal speakers" to "Headphones" which seems correct for me but no sound is outputted through the front jack though (HD audio connector). Therefore, I assume something might be wrong here.

Thank you beforehand for your help community.

Cheers,
Hans

Last edited by a moderator:
Z170X-Gaming5, Updated OS X to 10.11.3, patched the new AppleHDA.kext from combo installer.
Now, the sound is broken.

Attachments

• ???? 2016-01-22 12.13.14 AM.png
    ???? 2016-01-22 12.13.14 AM.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 75
  • ???? 2016-01-22 12.14.28 AM.png
    ???? 2016-01-22 12.14.28 AM.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 90
  • ???? 2016-01-22 ??12.12.28.png
    ???? 2016-01-22 ??12.12.28.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 96
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip