- Aug 6, 2011
- Powermac G5
- Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge
- ATI Radeon HD 5870
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Seems my problems might be more widespread than I thought. I just booted into my Windows partition and had no sound there as well. Before installing Yosemite I changed my video card to the 6870 and also attempted to jump the CMOS reset. All I can think of is to reset CMOS again. After I try that I'll report back in.Yes that's the situation. I changed the SMBios to Mac Pro, but still no change. Attached both programs incase one works better.
Obviously I was up too late and not thinking straight. I was in the wrong folder looking for my AppleHDA.kext. It is now attached here. BTW, Yosemite is fantastic! It is more stable, or just my imagination? Yay.Hello, and thanks so much for the help. I upgraded to Yosemite today and had sound working fine until the machine went to sleep and wouldn't return. Below is the report as you requested. I assume my problem is I have no AppleHDA.kext but I don't know how to fix it in 10.10. I appreciate the help.
1. My audio was working fine. Then the machine went to sleep and no audio on wake.2. OS X Yesemite Version 10.10 / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H / BIOS F10b / 4.19 GHz Intel Core i7 4790k / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4096 MB
3. Clean install using http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
4. “Russell’s Mac Pro IOReg 101914” while playing iTunes connected to speakers using green port / no sound.
5. Screenshot of S/L/E folder - AppleHDA.kext not present
6. Same as #5.
7. Console/All Messages - stuck at Searching log databases so I can’t provide kernel Sound Assertions. I looked through other files & messages and couldn’t find any kernel Sound Assertions
8. Attached screenshot
9. Attached screenshot
10. Chameleon install
Verify iTunes volume is max and System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers is 50%Yes that's the situation.
This thread is for users that have audio devices and no sound. No sound after wake is an AppleHDA.kext problem that exists on native hardware. IOReg shows audio configured properly and working. Use Search for solutions on Apple Forums and this forum or install 10.9 or 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext (pre sleep "fix").Then the machine went to sleep and no audio on wake.2.