Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
iTunes/Headphones/motherboard green port/no sound?

Yes that's the situation. I changed the SMBios to Mac Pro, but still no change. Attached both programs incase one works better.

:)

Attachments

• dbc’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 189
  • dbc’s Mac Pro.iojones
    887 KB · Views: 128
Hello, and thanks so much for the help. I upgraded to Yosemite today and had sound working fine until the machine went to sleep and wouldn't return. Below is the report as you requested. I assume my problem is I have no AppleHDA.kext but I don't know how to fix it in 10.10. I appreciate the help.

1. My audio was working fine. Then the machine went to sleep and no audio on wake.2. OS X Yesemite Version 10.10 / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H / BIOS F10b / 4.19 GHz Intel Core i7 4790k / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4096 MB
3. Clean install using http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
4. “Russell’s Mac Pro IOReg 101914” while playing iTunes connected to speakers using green port / no sound.
5. Screenshot of S/L/E folder - AppleHDA.kext not present
6. Same as #5.
7. Console/All Messages - stuck at Searching log databases so I can’t provide kernel Sound Assertions. I looked through other files & messages and couldn’t find any kernel Sound Assertions
8. Attached screenshot
9. Attached screenshot
10. Chameleon install

Attachments

• Russell’s Mac Pro IOReg 101914.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 156
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 10.11.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 10.11.56 PM.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 10.25.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 10.25.29 PM.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 10.56.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 10.56.14 PM.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 266
Yes that's the situation. I changed the SMBios to Mac Pro, but still no change. Attached both programs incase one works better.

:)

Seems my problems might be more widespread than I thought. I just booted into my Windows partition and had no sound there as well. Before installing Yosemite I changed my video card to the 6870 and also attempted to jump the CMOS reset. All I can think of is to reset CMOS again. After I try that I'll report back in.

Thanks.

Hello, and thanks so much for the help. I upgraded to Yosemite today and had sound working fine until the machine went to sleep and wouldn't return. Below is the report as you requested. I assume my problem is I have no AppleHDA.kext but I don't know how to fix it in 10.10. I appreciate the help.

1. My audio was working fine. Then the machine went to sleep and no audio on wake.2. OS X Yesemite Version 10.10 / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H / BIOS F10b / 4.19 GHz Intel Core i7 4790k / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4096 MB
3. Clean install using http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
4. “Russell’s Mac Pro IOReg 101914” while playing iTunes connected to speakers using green port / no sound.
5. Screenshot of S/L/E folder - AppleHDA.kext not present
6. Same as #5.
7. Console/All Messages - stuck at Searching log databases so I can’t provide kernel Sound Assertions. I looked through other files & messages and couldn’t find any kernel Sound Assertions
8. Attached screenshot
9. Attached screenshot
10. Chameleon install

Obviously I was up too late and not thinking straight. I was in the wrong folder looking for my AppleHDA.kext. It is now attached here. :oops: BTW, Yosemite is fantastic! It is more stable, or just my imagination? Yay.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    908.4 KB · Views: 192
Yes that's the situation.
Verify iTunes volume is max and System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers is 50%
IOReg shows iTunes connected to motherboard green port. If no sound, no idea what is wrong.

Then the machine went to sleep and no audio on wake.2.
This thread is for users that have audio devices and no sound. No sound after wake is an AppleHDA.kext problem that exists on native hardware. IOReg shows audio configured properly and working. Use Search for solutions on Apple Forums and this forum or install 10.9 or 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext (pre sleep "fix").

Hey there toleda, I am getting close, and by luck, but regardless here is where I am at:

Fresh installed a few times, and one of the times the audio just worked, when I say it worked, I dont have any sound, but I do hear the sound of the hardware initializing like I used to with mavericks right before I see the login screen. Here is the rundown.

1- All devices show, but no sound. I hear the initialization of the audio right before login screen.
2- Yosemite, Gigabyte z78 UH5Dm, not sure on the bios version (if it's a dealbreaker I'll get it), i7, GeForce 550
3- Standard install guide
4- Attached
5- Attached
6- N/A
7- Not really sure how to pull this, pardon my ignorance here. I dont see any way to filter this console output by sound assertions.
8- Attached
9- Attached

Let me know if there is anything else you need. Im not touching nothing this time until you've had a look!

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    908.4 KB · Views: 128
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    665 bytes · Views: 276
  • HighDefAudio-Screenshot.png
    HighDefAudio-Screenshot.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 230
  • ioreg.iojones
    951.2 KB · Views: 142
I got it working toleda, thanks for your help.

I say it worked, but the sound went out upon hibernation. I will look for a fix, let me know if it is something easy or a link i can follow to resolve. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back