Discussion in 'Audio' started by toleda, Oct 17, 2014.
Youtube.com videos play with sound, but tsn.ca videos do not play sound?
Will do, sorry I've not entirely understood. What aspects of the IOreg did you want? Or did you want any the config and boot sections? Etc etc?
I will then post these to the linked thread instead
Understood -- but before I provide all that information can I provide you with the codec dumps and info from Windows to see if this codec is even supported?
Realtek 888 (though OSX sees it as 3a3e [ALC1200/888] Windows see the audio device as 888 but using the 886 codec - same as Linux. So is it even possible to get audio working on this system using the 886 codec?
No ideas. Suggest an install over the existing install, did a lot of damage with your experiments.
I know what is in the 888 dump. The files tell me what you did wrong; no files, no support.
I was about to reinstall everything and now the sound works on everything except one website that says my media player on the browser is not compatible. Thank you very much Toledo. You have been instrumental in my first build!!!
1. Audio worked. Had some glitchs and I messed up trying to fix it and got no audio. Cant go back.
2. macOS Sierra 10.12.6 / mobo GA-H270m-D3H / BIOS v.F6 / Intel i7 7700 / nVidia Geforce 1050 Ti
3. Method Used:Before You Install Audio - Desktop/Realtek/AppleHDA [Guide]
1. Drivers on Multibeast -> RealtekALC892 + 100 / 200 Series Audio4. Adjunting copy of IOReg
5. No AppleHDA kext.
6. No AppleHDA kext. When I use the method to restore the native kext to install it again system crashes and I have to enter on recovery mode to delete it.
7. No Kernel Sound Assertions on console/all messages (maybe im doing it wrong)
8. Adjunting screenshots of DPCIManagerStatus, Audio Hardware, Audio Outputs.
9. No chameleon Installed
10. Adjunting config.plist
How am I supposed to upload the bootlog here?
11. Genius SW-S2 1200 speakers connected to the green port on the motherboard. Internal Speakers selected on audio output.
Also adjunting a screenshot of the codecdetect.command.
Thanks for the help!
892 audio is configured correctly
Kaby Lake audio fix is not working, try a different method.
Tried method 1. with no success.
Deleted FakePCIID.kexts from Extensions and tried method 2.
Did method 2 with no success. Messed up with the config.plist file and had to do a reinstall.
Now with a fresh install tried method one and didnt work.
What is the correct procedure to delete kexts from method 1 and fix the patches of method 2 before jumping onto method 3?
Move FakePCIID kexts to trash. Occasionally, installing newly downloaded kexts solves the problem
Install backed up files, otherwise, remove edit added
Separate names with a comma.