Contribute
Register

No sound or midi in Cubase 7.5 (High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > need model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!

Anyone using Cubase 7.5 in High Sierra hackintosh? I can't get it to work fully and would be very happy if someone could help me.

I have finally installed High Sierra on my hackintosh. I got my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (2 gen) working, my graphics card is Nvidia GTX 1060. I have installed Cubase 7.5 (7.5.4) and it starts but when I add an instrument track and tries to play there is nothing. No sound, no vst instrument playing. The midi in signal is shown in the transport bar but no midi out is going to the vst instrument. Even when I try to play on the virtual keyboard in the vst instrument nothing happens (I have tried Retrolouge so far). All settings in Cubase is correct (VST connections, correct asio driver etc. so that's not the problem).

Something is wrong and I just can't figure out what it is.

I hope someone have a clue what could be wrong.

Edit: I have done an install on my Macbook Air a while ago without any problems so the problem shouldn't be in Cubase but if there is any setting in Cubase that could help me fix my problem don't hesitate to leave a comment about that.

Last edited:
Did you get this working? I have ran into the same problem. I can hear regular audio, etc. But, no midi at all.
Hello!

The problem was my audio Interface (Focusrite Scarlet 18i20). It wasn't compatible with Mac OS and Cubase 7.5. It worked with another audio interface. I upgraded to Cubase 9.5 and now it works flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back