Contribute
Register

No sound on Ga-Z77-Ds3h after Yosemiti Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone, I am up and running on Yosemite and everything seems to be working except sound. I loaded from Mulit beast 7 everything I had before including ALC887 / 888b > v100302 Current for sound but it doesn't work. I have tried a few other audio drivers but still haven't hit one that works. Also my computer thinks its a early 2008 Mac Pro any reason to change that? Thanks

Nope, nothing is listed in the audio device area and I only have external speakers

Just an update if I plug in headphones the computer still has no sound. If I plug in a USB headset the computer sees that and will use that only. Any other ideas, please?

I'm using same board (z77-ds3h). i just installed using yosemite 10.10.0 as per guide in this forum for unibeast method.
got hurdle with can't find System/Library/Kernels/kernel, but can cope with that.
then update to 10.10.2 using apple store update methods.
after that, i use method from https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC
using methods mentioned in "C. Installation", by applying audio_realtekALC-100.command.
and it works flawlessly.

Update, Somehow someway the sound started working. I had tried multiple multi beast settings but went back to original and now works. In the process I ordered one of the usb sound devices so got that for a backup. Thanks for the replies

My only issue now is Yosemite doesn't always shut down properly. Scanning the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back