Contribute
Register

No Sound & Network (Dell Precision T5500 - Broadcom 57XX Gigabit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-AR
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ive got some issues left on my Hackintosh. The main features are working, but I would be happy for any help with the issues that are still there.

What's not working?
- Sound [ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio] - FIXED
- Ethernet [Broadcom 5754 Gigabit Controller] - FIXED

What's working?
- Booting
- Display [Quadro 4000]
- Ethernet [Broadcom 5754 Gigabit Controller] (download attached modified kext)
- Sound [ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio] (see third post)
- USB Ports
- all HDDs (SAS are also being recognized)
- Sleep

My procedure

BIOS Customization:
- Activated Intel Virtualization Technology
- Activated AHCI for SATA

Installation:
Booted the Clover Stick with
nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 (PCIRootUID=1)

The installation then went fine and I finished it without issues. I figured out that I could install MacOS on my SAS HDD but then couldnt booted it up (was recognized as "external" hdd), so I went with installing it on a WesternDigital Black HDD.

Post Installation:
Booted it up again with the same boot args in Clover 4003, then I've downloaded the following things with another PC and copyied it with an NTFS formatted USB drive to my Hackintosh.

Multibeast:
Choosed FakeSMC and Clover (and latest Voodoo Audio - but it seems not to work). System Definition: MacPro 5,1

Graphics (Quadro 4000):
Download the Nvidia Custom Driver from NVIDIA (choose Quadro 4000 for Mac) or from tonymacx86.
After Installing the Custom Driver go to this thread to "Problem 4" and choose they way you like to fix black screen with nvidia driver. I've choosed Method 3, but 2 will also work. 1 WILL NOT Work!

Now you can boot without nv_disable=1

img_20170213_154953-jpg.236115

Attachments

• BCM5722D.kext.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
could you please post your EFI?

Attachments

• AppleHDADisabler.kext 2.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
I have fixed it myself.

I used AppleHDADisabler.kext (see attachement) and VoodooHDA.kext V289 then injected both with Kext Utility. After a reboot it worked!

MADE A GUIDE ON HOW TO INSTALL MACOS SIERRA ON A DELL T5500 HERE: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...00-quadro4000-xeon-x5680-macos10-12-x.215070/

This Thread could be closed if a mod would see this. Further questions about help for a T5500 can be asked on my new guide.
Thanks

MAJOR THANKS!!!!!!! I tried so many ways to get any audio working for my T3500 on High Sierra and finally got it with your AppleHDADisabler kext. Very much appreciated!

I then also found this following thread which led me to a kext that gave a more controllable volume control: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-precision-t3500-audio-fix.227137/

Again, major thanks to you and others who've taken the time to post some things that greatly help some others! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back