Contribute
Register

No sound from built-in Realtek ALC1150 in El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7 > Need full model number > See Rules!
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. iMac
I am using Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH having Realtek ALC1150 sound card. The output devices (audio out and S/PDIF optical out) doesn't work. It used to work in Yosemite with AppleHDA.kext. I have copied the same kext to EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.11 folder. Still built-in audio doesn't work.

I tried passing in the boot args csr-active-config=0x3. But it didn't help.

Has anyone run into this before?

(Note: However, HDMI audio is working with EVGA Geforce GT740 SC card using HDMIAudio.kext)

Fixed Mine (Realtek ALC1150) gigabyte z97 ud5, all i did was right click on multibeast for yosemite. select show package contents then open contents folder and in resources folder find (AppleHDA-1150.pkg) and run it. once installed reboot goto system preference and select SOUND and in the output menu select "internal speakers built in. This worked for me and should work for most Realtek ALC1150 motherboards and also other motherboard types by selecting the correct package. To keep sound working after waking from sleep i use the Reset AppleHDA app. ps might be worth posting this in the El Capitan BIG fix list, good luck!

Fixed Mine (Realtek ALC1150) gigabyte z97 ud5, all i did was right click on multibeast for yosemite. select show package contents then open contents folder and in resources folder find (AppleHDA-1150.pkg) and run it. once installed reboot goto system preference and select SOUND and in the output menu select "internal speakers built in. This worked for me and should work for most Realtek ALC1150 motherboards and also other motherboard types by selecting the correct package. To keep sound working after waking from sleep i use the Reset AppleHDA app. ps might be worth posting this in the El Capitan BIG fix list, good luck!

This procedure worked perfectly for me as well. The guide on the homepage that mentions Realtek ALC audio installation did not work for me but this did!! Thanks for sharing!

I'm having a problem with my audio. When I installed El Capitan on ssd I followed the instructions founded on this website. I downloaded the CloverALC110 audio script and installed it. The audio worked fine until the machine went to sleep and woke up. No audio from the headphones or built-in audio (this didn't work when the audio worked in headphones). So I downloaded Kext Utility app v.2.5.7 and ran it. It worked a while but not so long. Then I downloaded the MultiBeast Yosemite edition and installed the Realtek ALC1150.pkg. Restarded the computer and now it doesn't find any audio. What should I do? Did I messed up?

You're mixing up techniques. Probably not a good idea. You'd do better to stick with one method and troubleshoot it instead of trying new things until it's all broken.

If you can, remove all audio kexts you've installed from /S/L/E/ and /L/E/ and EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... and restore /S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to the native (e.g. as it was shipped by Apple) state. Then reboot and mount your EFI partition and re-run the cloverALC audio script. Then reboot and confirm that audio works before a sleep/wake and fails after the sleep/wake. Then if so, consult No Audio After Sleep/Wake - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Fixes]

Easy way: audio_realtekALC-110.command.zip.
Makes the MultiBeast AppleHDA from native AppleHDA.kext.
El Capitan AppleHDA, not Yosmite AppleHDA

Yeah just used this method doing a clean clover Yosemite install, this method works perfect for El Capitan and Yosemite, and like you say only works on the native applehda and not any installed from other sources. So its do a clean OS X install or make sure you have the original applehada in the extensions folder then once clover is installed on the efi drive you just mount the efi drive (use clover config or EFI Mounter-v2 to achieve this) then run the audio_realtekALC-110.command.zip included in tony's package. Clover is brilliant and a much better way of achieving a much cleaner hackintosh, i was frightened of this method until a few days ago but now would never go back. cheers guys.

For no sound after sleep just install this kext, its for 1150 motherboards only. http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ssibly-other-realteks-codeccommander.kext.zip

Read all about it here...http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/170063-fix-no-sound-after-sleep-1150-possibly-other-realteks.html

Thank you - that got it working for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back