Contribute
Register

No sound from built-in Realtek ALC1150 in El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was amazing, i was looking for solution for 2 weeks. Thanks a lot.

Is the AppleHDA supposed to be located in /Library/Extensions?
If I couldn't find mine, is there any better way to get this file instead of totally reinstalling the system?

Easy way: audio_realtekALC-110.command.zip.
Makes the MultiBeast AppleHDA from native AppleHDA.kext.
El Capitan AppleHDA, not Yosmite AppleHDA

I have a Gigabyte Z170N-WIFI with a Realtec ALC1150. Audio works perfectly until I sleep, then on restore is "not working" (actually a faint noise comes out which is corrupted). I installed using the H170N-WIFI guide using Clover, then used migration assistant to move everything on from a laptop (this did not delete anything to my knowledge).

Now, having changed debug mode, running the above does:
Code:
$ ./audio_realtekALC-110_v1.0o1.command.debug
Agreement
The audio_realtekALC-110 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_realtekALC-110 script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.
gMake = 0
gCloverALC = 0
gRealtekALC = 1
System version: supported
gSysVer = 10.11.5
File: File: audio_realtekALC-110.command_v1.0o1
Boot device: /dev/disk0s2
Boot volume: Armonie
gChameleonDirectory = /Volumes/Armonie/Extra
gSysName = El Capitan
No Clover/Chameleon files, confirm Osmosis/other install (y/n): ^C

The above is failing because /Volumes/Armonie/Extra does not exist on my HDD. I have no idea where that is meant to be pointing. However, I am definitely running Clover, and successfully. Any ideas?

Running audio_codec_detect does this:

Code:
$ ./audio_codecdetect_v1.6.command
File: audio_codecdetect.command_v1.6

HDMI audio codec(s)
Intel:    0x80862809

Onboard audio codec
Realtek: 0x10ec0900
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem; FIX:
BIOS problem, set BIOS/.../HD Audio/Enabled
ACPI problem, try:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/tree/master/ssdt_hdef/
ssdt_hdef-1-no_ioreg/hdef
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

That's the correct code for the Realtek, and I can't believe the Realtek is in fact disabled in the BIOS / ACPI as it works. Audio is definitely enabled in BIOS. Audio DSP is disabled, and enabling that in BIOS stops all audio from working.

I don't think it is the (as yet unused) Intel HDMI which is causing a problem, as adding a '| fgrep -v 8086' to the ioreg command line produces:

Code:
$ ./audio_codecdetect_v1.6.command.no8086
File: audio_codecdetect.command_v1.6

HDMI audio codec(s)

Onboard audio codec
Realtek: 0x10ec0900
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem; FIX:
BIOS problem, set BIOS/.../HD Audio/Enabled
ACPI problem, try:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/tree/master/ssdt_hdef/
ssdt_hdef-1-no_ioreg/hdef

IE the same result without the HDMI codec.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Easy way: audio_realtekALC-110.command.zip.
Makes the MultiBeast AppleHDA from native AppleHDA.kext.
El Capitan AppleHDA, not Yosmite AppleHDA

I gave this a try after following the guide from Tony on upgrading from yosemite to el cap with clover, I ran all three of the scripts separately, and after each one making sure that I returned the AppleHDA to its native state using my backup that I extracted from the el cap install app via pacifist, and still couldn't get an output audio source to show up in my system prefs.

This is the outcome of me running the one you linked in the quote... it looked like it ran okay but it didnt seem to work:

Code:
File: File: audio_realtekALC-110.command_v1.0o1

No Clover/Chameleon files, confirm Osmosis/other install (y/n): y

System Integrity Protection status: disabled.

OK to patch

Password:

Confirm Realtek ALC1150 (y/n): y

Download ALC1150 files ...

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current

Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

100 23555  100 23555    0     0  28064      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 28041

Preparing 10.11.5 ALC1150 AppleHDA.kext_v274.9

/Users/kevinyoung/Desktop/audio_ALC1150-10.11.5-archive deleted, too late

/Users/kevinyoung/Desktop/audio_ALC1150-10.11.5-archive created, max 1 archive

Patch binaries ...

10.11.5 codec patch

Install files ...

Fix permissions ...

Kernel cache...

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext LPCSensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GPUSensors.kext

CPUSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.

CPUSensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CPUSensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPISensors.kext

Prelink failed for org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors; omitting from prelinked kernel.

kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

Install finished, restart required.

[Process completed]

I should also mention, I have a realtekALC.kext file in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 , that I brought over from the 10.10 folder when I did the upgrade. Is it possible this kext is causing a conflict with the AppleHDA patches?

I'd also like to say that tony's guide + clover is amazing!! The fact that after a 15 minute update to El Cap via clover left me with only no audio is astounding :D

Tried to use this method but I'm getting this, have no idea how to get out of here.

Code:
Last login: Fri Jul  1 23:01:21 on ttys000
/Users/rcunha/Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command ; exit;
Rodrigos-iMac:~ rcunha$ /Users/rcunha/Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command ; exit;
Agreement
The audio_cloverALC-110 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_cloverALC-110 script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.
File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0r10
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
    Apple Internal: disabled
    Kext Signing: disabled
    Filesystem Protections: disabled
    Debugging Restrictions: enabled
    DTrace Restrictions: enabled
    NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
codec: 8b19d411 is missing
S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is not native
Install native AppleHDA.kext
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Fixed Mine (Realtek ALC1150) gigabyte z97 ud5, all i did was right click on multibeast for yosemite. select show package contents then open contents folder and in resources folder find (AppleHDA-1150.pkg) and run it. once installed reboot goto system preference and select SOUND and in the output menu select "internal speakers built in. This worked for me and should work for most Realtek ALC1150 motherboards and also other motherboard types by selecting the correct package. To keep sound working after waking from sleep i use the Reset AppleHDA app. ps might be worth posting this in the El Capitan BIG fix list, good luck!
Thanks for the tip ! I did this and finally, after a day of trying to get my audio to work, it does !

Fixed Mine (Realtek ALC1150) gigabyte z97 ud5, all i did was right click on multibeast for yosemite. select show package contents then open contents folder and in resources folder find (AppleHDA-1150.pkg) and run it. once installed reboot goto system preference and select SOUND and in the output menu select "internal speakers built in. This worked for me and should work for most Realtek ALC1150 motherboards and also other motherboard types by selecting the correct package. To keep sound working after waking from sleep i use the Reset AppleHDA app. ps might be worth posting this in the El Capitan BIG fix list, good luck!

OMG! This worked for me!!! I am so very happy! Thank you, thank you very much! My computing and entertainment experience is complete.

Thanks man! this worked for me too.

I was also facing lot of issues with my sound on EI Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1212) and finally I installed VoodooHDA-2.8.8 and now ALC1150 is working flawlessly on GA-Z97X-SLI.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back