Contribute
Register

No Sound - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that really I don’t understand happened:

I decide to try opening a file with iTunes and surprisingly the problem gone away o_O.
Now I get everything working fine: Audio onboard (ALC898), HDMI audio (RX 580 connected through HDMI to a monitor DELL s2440L and headphones connected to the monitor).
I’m using only Lilu + AppleALC kexts for audio, and always used those for activate Realtek ALC898. How can they activate HDMI too?
I’m not using WhateverGreen as you can see in the screenshot of kexts used (file attached). I used it once for give it a try but it didn’resolve the problem so I deleted it.
I’ve attached the ioreg file I’m using too.
Problem solved, but I don’t get it why I can use HDMI audio without WhaterverGreen.

Attachments

• Files2.zip
    856.4 KB · Views: 71
Hello World, Tonymac community, and Toleda

I really hope you can help me I've been trying to get this working for like 4 months without any avail,
I super noob at building hackintoshes and hardware in general, yet somehow, I managed to build a device that doesn't go up in smoke when I plug a power cord into it. :p

That said I have my hack up and running and sound isn't working, I have read many of the tutorials here and have completed one of them (details below) and my sound still isn't working.
I have followed the steps on this thread to testing my audio and i'm somewhat confused about this step:
If Headphones does not appear (instead of Internal Speakers)
  • case/connector failure; unplug front panel from motherboard
  • resolve front panel problem, full stop
When plugging in headphones, nothing changes in the System Preferences, it still says "Internal Speakers" / "Internal Microphone". I'm trying to get it to work but I don't know what it means to "unplug front panel from MB"?
Edit:
After doing more fidgeting and reading I realized that the step mentioned above is for plugging in to the side of the case with the power button and, frankly, I wasn't even aware that I had audio jacks in the front of my case !!
I can now confirm that when plugging into the front of the case the options inside System Preferences show the name "headphones" and when I unplug it, it changes back to "Internal Speakers".
However, my problem with no sound at all still persists.

Thank-you for your help and for this wonderful hackintosh community!

Also, for the sake of being thorough, I have posted all my info as per the problem reporting req:
Description of audio problem
No audio at all, when even attempting to play audio through iTunes/Finder/Quicktime the players hang at time 00:00 or defaults back to paused.

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
  • OSX 10.13.6
  • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
  • Version: 0906 x64 Date: 03/22/2017
  • Intel i7-7700K
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060
Procedure/Guide Used
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/before-you-install-audio-desktop-realtek-applehda-guide.219810/ -> Post#2 (Install Multibeast audio)
I followed the tutorial best I could, if not, to the letter. (details begin next line)
Removed Voodoo (SYSPref panel, prefs, kexts, disableHDA kext)
Restored native AppleHDA (pacify)
Mount EFI etc
HDEF was NOT present in IOReg (HDAS instead) so Installed ssdt_hdef-1-1000-hdas
HDEF appeared (HDAS gone)
CodecDevice OK, ID = 0x10ec1220
Used Multibeast to install drivers (ALC1220) (screenshot of multibeast in zip)

• Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . . (if script used)
    1. audio_cloverALC-x0.command
  • Screen shots:
    1. System Preferences/Sound/Input
    2. System Preferences/Sound/Output
  • Clover
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log (Tools 3.)
All zipped up below.

Speakers and/or microphone
  1. Make and model
I don't have speakers or a dedicated mic.
Instead i use basic Turtlebeach headphones with mic, uses 3.5mm standard headphone jack, attached to Y-splitter to split off Mic from Headphones. Have used on a number of other devices and works.
Audio port connected (color, motherboard or case)
Headphones connected to the green port on MB, Mic connected to the pink on MB.
Selection in System Preferences/Sound/Output or Input
As photographed in in the screenshots (Output->Internal Speakers, Input->Internal Mic)

Thanks again!

Attachments

• SamsBlastedComputerData.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
  1. Headphone jack stutters, but USB headphones don't. Anything above 3 ticks from the keyboard's audio screen to 3 ticks below max volume stutters on the headphone jack headphones. I tried the USB headphones into the headphone jack as they are removable for the mic/headphone. Same issue, so it's not the headphones, as they run perfectly on my macbook pro
  2. 10.14 Mojave/z370/F8/intel i7-8700k/gigabyte RX 580 8GB
AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]:

Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (Tools 2.)

Screen shots:
  1. DPCIManager/Status (Tools 3.)
  2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices) **NO INTEL SHOWING**
  3. System Preferences/Sound/Input
  4. System Preferences/Sound/Output
Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . . (if script used)
audio_cloverALC-x0.command
Clover
  1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
  2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log (Tools 3.)
  3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed)
  4. EFI/CLOVER/ACP/Patched/ssdt(s).aml (if installed) **Noticed Nvidia USB PEG0? not sure if this was when I had an Nvidia card or required for all installs?**
Put all files in a folder, compress and attach to Post

Attachments

• Audio.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
Missed a step: MultiBeast > Drivers > Audio > √ 200 / 300 Series / X299 Audio Device ID Patch
More info, see High Sierra - MultiBeast Audio/200/Z370 Intel Motherboard Series - Kaby Lake
Install, restart, reply with new files
Works (sort of).
Output works Input doesn't, headphones are working on both front panel (case) and back panel (MB)
Input (mic) does not work at all in the back panel (MB), and mic only sorta works in the front panel (case).
By "sorta works" I mean that the input works for about 1 min each time i assign it as input, over this 1 min of time it fades to come to a mute. Weird.

Also, above you told me to install "√ 200 / 300 Series / X299 Audio Device ID Patch" and then also gave me the link to the section where you explain it. I have read that post and also noticed in the post telling me to install "√ H310 / B360 / H370 / Q370 Audio Device ID Patch".
Such patch I have not installed but I dont know if I'm supposed to install it or not because, according to multibeast, it patches HDAS to HDEF which I thought I had already fixed using ssdt_hdef-1-1000-hdas.

Thanks for your help Toleda, Community,

Updated Files attached below:

Attachments

• SamsBlastedComputerData.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back