Contribute
Register

No Sound - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make and model of mic?
So, by "mic" I mean the detachable mic that comes with my headset. Model of the headset is "turtlebeach earforce recon"
The mic can detach and has a headphone-jack plug, i've tested this mic on another mac with a designated "input" port and it works with no problems. I've tested the mic on my hack both detached (directly plugged into the input port) and attached to the headset, both ways yield the same result:
that the input works for about 1 min each time i assign it as input, over this 1 min of time it fades to come to a mute

Also, if I plug the "mic" into a usb converter, and then plug the usb converter into the computer, then it works. (but it's always been that way)

1. Headphones connected to MB green port, after a few hours, the audio just cuts and cant come back. I tried replugging port, selecting different device and reselecting it in Audio System Preferences, no luck. Only way to fix it is restarting
  2. 10.14 Mojave/gigabyte z370 HD3P/F8/intel i7-8700k/gigabyte RX 580 8GB
[Same as before]
AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]:

Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (Tools 2.)

Screen shots:
  1. DPCIManager/Status (Tools 3.)
  2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices) **NO INTEL SHOWING**
  3. System Preferences/Sound/Input
  4. System Preferences/Sound/Output
Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . . (if script used)
audio_cloverALC-x0.command
Clover
  1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
  2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log (Tools 3.)
  3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed)
  4. EFI/CLOVER/ACP/Patched/ssdt(s).aml (if installed) **Noticed Nvidia USB PEG0? not sure if this was when I had an Nvidia card or required for all installs?**
Put all files in a folder, compress and attach to Post

Attachments

• Audio.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 83
Model of the headset is "turtlebeach earforce recon"
Quick Start Guide:
"If your PC uses separate Green/Pink connectors for audio ..."
Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 11.28.54 AM.png

after a few hours, the audio just cuts and cant come back
Attached AppleHDA.kext is not Mojave. Restore native Mojave AppleHDA.kext
Attached files show audio working, not helpful.
Attach files when audio is not working

1. Description: Audio works most of the time, but intermittently will stop working. I can't determine what causes it to start and stop. Just seems somewhat random. It always seems to stop while audio is NOT playing back (i.e. it doesn't just die in the middle of playing something), but instead seems to stop working between playback of different things. At one point, I thought it was Safari, but recently it seems to stop working when switching between songs on Spotify. If I stop trying to play audio for a bit, then try later it works fine. This setup had worked fine for years, but after a High Sierra update, started having intermittent issues. Is there something I should look for when it stops working?

2. Info:
OSX Version: 10.13.6
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
BIOS: F16j
Processor: i5-3570K
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT 640

3. Procedure/Guide Used:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764

Also went through "Before You Install" and removed everything.

4-7. attached

8. Speakers - Logitech Z4 - attached to green port (using Audio ID 2)

9. attached

Thanks for all your work on this.

Attachments

• audio_troubleshooting.zip
    818.8 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back