Contribute
Register

No Sound - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is a different problem.
cloverALC and AppleALC.kext are 2 different methods to install audio. Remove one or the other.
Use Audio ID: 1 for your motherboard. Audio ID: 2 disables your inputs.
Restart, reply with all, new files.
Wow. That did it. Audio is working and videos now play.
I cannot thank you enough. You are The Man.
Will this fix hold up through updates to the OS?

Attachments

• Problem3 Resolved.zip
    796.5 KB · Views: 113
Hi @toleda, Thanks a lot for your incredible support, tried to solve by myself, but its my 4th clean install and the audio still is a problem. :(

1. No Sound. (Realtek device appear but doesn't work).
2. Mac Osx Version 10.13.2, / MB GA-H270-HD3 /processor Intel I5 7400/ GPU EVGA GTX 1060 6gb
3. Procedure. Clean Install of High Sierra, First run of Multibeast without setting sound, (everything else is working)
on the second run, for the sound I used:
step A. MultiBeast Method. Before You Install Audio: MultiBeast/Desktop/Realtek
step B. use SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml successfully as checked in IOreg
step C. Multibeast again selecting ALC887 and 100/200/300 series audio support (screenshot attached) (device appears successfully after this, but no sound.)
step D. Tried Quick Fix: 200/300/X299 Series Kaby Lake Audio Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI Audio
and Choose solution #1
  1. RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID - No issues expected with native 200 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext
    • Download: OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID / Downloads
      • Install (use kext installer)
        • FakePCIID.kext (if not installed previously)
        • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
For this unsuccessfully step D, I used Kextbeast installer, downloaded the mentioned kexts and extracted them from the `release folder`instead of ´debug folders that correct ? and installed on System/library/extension. But after install/reboot, the sound device disappears!
So I deleted both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext from extension folder, and now the device is appearing again but still no sound. iTunes doesn't play and youtube get sucked on first frame.
4. Attached
5.N/A (tried before, but not on this clean install)
6. attached
7. HeadphonesSony MDR-7506 attached in front green port (I noticed the device detects it once I plugged in)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi @toleda, Thanks a lot for your incredible support, tried to solve by myself, but its my 4th clean install and the audio still is a problem. :(

1. No Sound. (Realtek device appear but doesn't work).
2. Mac Osx Version 10.13.2, / MB GA-H270-HD3 /processor Intel I5 7400/ GPU EVGA GTX 1060 6gb
3. Procedure. Clean Install of High Sierra, First run of Multibeast without setting sound, (everything else is working)
on the second run, for the sound I used:
step A. MultiBeast Method. Before You Install Audio: MultiBeast/Desktop/Realtek
step B. use SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml successfully as checked in IOreg
step C. Multibeast again selecting ALC887 and 100/200/300 series audio support (screenshot attached) (device appears successfully after this, but no sound.)
step D. Tried Quick Fix: 200/300/X299 Series Kaby Lake Audio Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI Audio
and Choose solution #1
  1. RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID - No issues expected with native 200 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext
    • Download: OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID / Downloads
      • Install (use kext installer)
        • FakePCIID.kext (if not installed previously)
        • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
For this unsuccessfully step D, I used Kextbeast installer, downloaded the mentioned kexts and extracted them from the `release folder`instead of ´debug folders that correct ? and installed on System/library/extension. But after install/reboot, the sound device disappears!
So I deleted both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext from extension folder, and now the device is appearing again but still no sound. iTunes doesn't play and youtube get sucked on first frame.
4. Attached
5.N/A (tried before, but not on this clean install)
6. attached
7. HeadphonesSony MDR-7506 attached in front green port (I noticed the device detects it once I plugged in)

Thanks in advance!
[SOLVED!} Just did step "D"again and it work! Thanks a lot anyways!!

Yes, there is red light from the optical cable when the computer is turned on (even the output selection is an the internal speaker)

It is connected to a speaker set. I tried music by iTunes, used Youtube, etc, all other outputs are functioning well but it looks like there is no sound signal once I switch the selection to the spdif digital output. (the player or youtube is moving normally but just no sound)

I have a Windows 10 installation in this computer at the same time. So I can be sure the hardware is fine as now i can boot Windows and play music via this digital output (with Realtek driver installed).

Thanks!

Hi! I would like to look into this issue again as I searched the forum recently and found a post in 2014 with similar topic.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/digital-audio-can-i-enable-onboard-spdif-out.127156/

The solution mentioned in the post was for an old OS version (10.9) using AppleHDA and it is deprecated, but I wonder if there is similar fix on my MB for 10.13.

Many thanks!

Procedure has not changed, see audio_ALC_guides/Customization.pdf/Procedure 7.

Thanks for the reply. I went through the customization document and procedure 7, and would like to check if my concept is correct before I make the changes:

In my case I'm using the AppleALC.kext + Lilu.Kext method, should I modify the native AppleHDA.kext in the S/L/E directory, or I have to work on the AppleALC.kext in the EFI Clover directory?

I modify the native AppleHDA.kext in the S/L/E directory
Nothing in the native kext applies to 892
have to work on the AppleALC.kext in the EFI Clover directory
Yes.
Confirm you are using Audio ID: 1, otherwise the guide does not apply.
Xcode is required as well as a clone of the AppleALC repo.

Nothing in the native kext applies to 892

Yes.
Confirm you are using Audio ID: 1, otherwise the guide does not apply.
Xcode is required as well as a clone of the AppleALC repo.

I'm not familiar with Xcode, but have tried my best to do it. Unfortunately the Kext I built doesn't work, and here are some issues I encountered in the process:

1. I downloaded a clone of the AppleALC repo. I found there are several Platforms files in the ALC892 folder, so assumed PlatformsT.xml.zlib is the right file and completed Step A.

2. For Step B, I don't know how to locate the file HDAHardwareConfigDriver/info.plist in the repo. I found an Info.plist in the PinConfigs folder which has the data mentioned, so made the replacement on the specified data.

3. I encountered some error in Xcode when building the Kext, which showing that some files from Lilu.kext were missing. I downloaded a clone of Lilu.kext and moved the required file into the project folder, then completed the build of AppleALC.kext.

However, the new AppleALC file doesn't work. All the audio input/out sources are disappeared(except the HDMI).

Would you please give me some more advise on the above?

Many thanks!

P.S. The AppleALC file I built by Xcode is attached

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    629.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
assumed PlatformsT.xml.zlib is the right file
PlatformsT.xml.zlib is correct, however, no way to verify the binary. Attached the edited PlatformsT.xml (uncompressed)
found an Info.plist in the PinConfigs folder
Only 1 of 2 edits appears, missing:
Code:
Find: 21171cf0 21171d00 21171e00 21171f40
Replace:  21171ca0 21171d01 21171e43 21171f99
The compiled kext is custom for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back