Contribute
Register

No sound and internet (and other fixes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already tried Mirone's aDummyHDA.kext and etc with no result. Can you find what is wrong please?

I have already tried Mirone's aDummyHDA.kext and etc with no result. Can you find what is wrong please?

Your kextcache output shows no such kext installed.
Also, to use dummyHDA technique, AppleHDA.kext must be vanilla (run the macOS installer to restore it).

AppleHDA.kext is vanilla.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • ioreg.zip
    471.9 KB · Views: 95
  • kextstat.zip
    157.5 KB · Views: 63
  • sle-kextcache.zip
    183.6 KB · Views: 70
  • aDummyHDA.kext.zip
    10 KB · Views: 79

Your config.plist lacks the necessary KextsToPatch entries to use dummyHDA.
No expectation it works without those patches.

Then...
To use dummyHDA, must follow special cache rebuild procedures:
- boot without caches (available from Clover spacebar menu, provided you're using the right version of Clover)
- rebuild cache soon after booting
- reboot

It is in the FAQ.

Are you able to connect to the internet via Ethernet (not wifi...)?

If it doesn't violate any rules (if it does, please, just delete this message), I can try to "fix" your audio via TeamViewer man... Personally, I'd never let someone I don't know access my PC remotely, but given the current situation...

I'm not an expert like RehabMan by any means, on the contrary I'm quiet a newbie here, but I've already done this, it's quite simple to be honest. I could do this tomorrow (2017-11-13) from 3 PM CET. Also, I'd take no responsibility for any unexpected events.

Questions:
Do you know how to add a bootflag from Clover Bootloader?
Are you able to type
Code:
sudo kextcache -i  /
in terminal and press enter?

Hey! Good news!!! Now I have working sound. Thanks RehabMan and Carlos for your availability!

Now, I new help with my battery status. ACPIBatteryManager.kext hasn't worked as expected... :/

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Download maciASL (from RehabMan bitbucket repo). Open MaciASL, on the top of the screen press "maciASL"->preferences->iASL->tick ACPI 6.1

Now, open the file I attached with maciASL, press "file" on the top of the screen, then press "Save As...", change File Format to "ACPI Machine Language Binary" and Save with name "DSDT" to your desktop.
Mount EFI partition, copy the file you just saved and paste it to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
Install correctly "ACPIBatteryManager.kext" and rebuild cache from terminal with
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot. Battery status should work now.

Note: The file DSDT.dsl I attached here is your dsdt.aml from ACPI/origin decompiled, I applied the "Samsung series3" battery patch, which seems to match your laptop.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    332.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Thanks, feartech and Carlox97, my battery status is working now.
I tried to fix brightness control using IntelBacklight + Brightness Fix/Brightness Fix (HD3000-HD4000) but it did not work. In both cases, I get full brightness but I'm not able to change it. I see the brightness slider but brightness doesn't change when I move it. Also hotkeys (Fn+F2/F3) work but with no changes in brightness. :/
Also, when I attempted to fix brightness, I lost battery status...

Thanks, feartech and Carlox97, my battery status is working now.
I tried to fix brightness control using IntelBacklight + Brightness Fix/Brightness Fix (HD3000-HD4000) but it did not work. In both cases, I get full brightness but I'm not able to change it. I see the brightness slider but brightness doesn't change when I move it. Also hotkeys (Fn+F2/F3) work but with no changes in brightness. :/
Also, when I attempted to fix brightness, I lost battery status...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back