Contribute
Register

No sound and internet (and other fixes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CodecCommander.kext comes with a file called hda-verb. Where should I place it?

CodecCommander.kext comes with a file called hda-verb. Where should I place it?

No need to place it anywhere unless you plan to use it.

No need to place it anywhere unless you plan to use it.
Yes, I plan to use it. I've installed CodecCommander.kext as Mirone's "guide" suggests.

Yes, I plan to use it. I've installed CodecCommander.kext as Mirone's "guide" suggests.

Your choice of where you install it.
Typically you would place it along your path so it is easy to invoke (eg. /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin).

I've tried Patched AppleHDA.kext + CodecCommander.kext and aDummy.kext.... No sound yet. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::banghead::beachball:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • ioreg.zip
    472.3 KB · Views: 80
  • kextcache-sle.zip
    173.6 KB · Views: 67
  • kextstat.zip
    127.5 KB · Views: 78
I've tried Patched AppleHDA.kext + CodecCommander.kext and aDummy.kext.... No sound yet. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::banghead::beachball:

Your kextcache output shows no patched AppleHDA components are installed.

Your kextcache output shows no patched AppleHDA components are installed.
Would you like to access my laptop remotely in order to verify yourself it is installed?

Would you like to access my laptop remotely in order to verify yourself it is installed?

No.
If patched AppleHDA.kext was installed to /L/E or /S/L/E, it would show in kextcache output.

So in your logic, kextcache output would show many kexts. There are lots of kexts in /S/L/E!!! The problem is that patched AppleHDA.kext is not being loaded.

So in your logic, kextcache output would show many kexts. There are lots of kexts in /S/L/E!!! The problem is that patched AppleHDA.kext is not being loaded.

Only kexts which are patched or unsigned (eg. those with invalid signatures) show in kextcache.
Seems likely your AppleHDA is not patched correctly.
Best method is to leave AppleHDA vanilla, and use an AppleHDA injector/aka dummyHDA (with appropriate Clover config.plist patches, appropriate ACPI patches).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back