Graphics
AMD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After many hours of tinkering today, trying pretty much all the kexts for my sound codec- ALC662.. sound does not work.

I've tried both VoodooHDA and AppleHDA.

I've found out I cannot just boot without boot flags.. I can only boot with -f. Does using -f affect this?

I used Unibeast to install and Multibeast post-installation.

My motherboard is a stock H67 ALC662 Acer M3970 board.. apparently they manufacture their own mobos.. http://www.manualslib.com/manual/232870/Acer-Aspire-M3970.html?page=10#manual

I am dualbooting on my computer- Windows 7/Mac OS X Yosemite on two separate WD Green drives.

I have the same computer and board, although no boot flags here.

My audio also does not work OOB on Yosemite, where it did on Lion, ML and Mavericks. I use a USB audio interface so this isn't really a huge issue.

Are you using clover or chimera?

I have also tried voodoo and appleHDA, no luck.

I have the same computer and board, although no boot flags here.

My audio also does not work OOB on Yosemite, where it did on Lion, ML and Mavericks. I use a USB audio interface so this isn't really a huge issue.

Are you using clover or chimera?

I have also tried voodoo and appleHDA, no luck.

I installed Chimera but my BIOS won't detect my 2nd drive as bootable- I have to use the Unibeast USB to boot into OS X.

Just wondering, which version of the M3970 do you have? I have the M3970-EB30P; i5-2320, AMD 6570, 2x WD Green 2TB and 10GB RAM... It should be on a sticker beside your power button and the disk tray buttons..

FULLY WORKING ALC662 WITHOUT SOUND CRACKLING
smile.png

before install please backup or copy AppleHDA.kext on /system/Library/extensions to your desktop
theN delete it from /system/Library/extensions
install VoodooHDA.kext using Kext Drop
please report if you found any problem

View attachment 127903

AFTER INSTALL AND RESTART PLEASE CHECK SYSTEM PREFERENCES/SOUND AND TAB TO OUTPUT

Finally worked like a charm. Thanks :)

This kext this not working well for me, the sound output is running only on Line-out(green-Front).
Could help me how to make to change is to Line-out(green-rear). My MoBo is Gigabyte GA G31M-S2L with Yosemite 10.10.1.
Thanks

Fariel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back