CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
Quadro 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I followed the Unibeast guide to the best of my ability to get a fresh install of El Capitan. Fighting with no video upon booting into the OS, I found I had to replace the Graphic Controller kext with one I found online to get video again. However now my issue is that I have no audio after running the CloverALC110 script. I have a Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 w/F10 bios. The onboard audio is ALC 889. I run the script with Audio ID 1 and after restart still have no audio. I mounted the EFI partition with Clover Configurator. My drive is labeled ElCapitan (no spaces as some suggested). If there needs to be edits done to my DSDT, I'm not sure how to do that with Clover Configurator. Thanks in advance! Here is what the script shows.

EFI partition is not mounted
Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n): y
ElCapitan/EFI folder found
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: disabled
DTrace Restrictions: disabled
NVRAM Protections: disabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.
OK to patch
Confirm Realtek ALC889 (y/n): y
Audio ID: 889 is not supported, continue (y/n): y
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y
Use Audio ID: 0 (y/n): n
Audio IDs:
1 - 3/5/6 port Realtek ALCxxx audio
2 - 3 port (5.1) Realtek ALCxxx audio (n/a 885)
3 - HD3000/HD4000 HDMI and Realtek ALCxxx audio (n/a 885/1150 & 887/888 Legacy)
Select Audio ID: 1

If there needs to be edits done to my DSDT, I'm not sure how to do that with Clover Configurator.
Yes, dsdt edit required. Use MaciASL
edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id:
find:
0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
replace:
0x1, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
Compile, Save, Install, Restart.

OMG! I need to Google better!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post! I've been pulling my hair out for the last two days, running the script and getting nothing with my 889 audio on El Capitan. I read loads of helpful posts (I now understand clover much better and new security "features" in El Cap, but I still had no audio. I do now! I should have searched for "el capitan 889 audio" many hours ago!

Thanks again!

Sam

Yes, dsdt edit required. Use MaciASL
edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id:
find:
0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
replace:
0x1, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
Compile, Save, Install, Restart.

Thank you sir. That resolved the issue. Once I edited the DSDT and restarted, the previous step of using the audio clover alc command went into effect. My Star Wars trailer played perfectly and the sound system preferences showed everything as should be. Really appreciate the help.

i m running 10.11.5 , i installed audio 889 kext from multibeast and works good except after sleep no audio. if i change de smbios to imac it works but ramdoly it doesnt work o the sound is bad . my mobo is ga z68 ap , uefi bios . please helpppp.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back