i7-2600
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After the upgrade to 10.7.5. (Combo-Update) I no longer sound. I've tried to re-install the drivers with MultiBest, but this did not help.
The board is a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

Previous upgrades worked without any issues.
Any ideas?

i just realize the same problem, what i did was to uninstall the BOOM application, after that i reinstall multibeast drivers, the reboot, after boot i went to options/sound and double clic on "internal speakers", and presto! sound working.

my motherboard is the Z77 DS3H, and I'm on Mounatain Lion 10,8,2

Salutations!

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 with the same problem.

I wasn't paying any attention to what I was doing and updated via the Apple method instead of coming here first and no sound.

I have tried the 889 sticky thread method numerous times to install / reinstall the 889 but I can not seem to get sound.

Thanks for your reply.
What do you mean by 'after boot i went to options/sound and double clic on "internal speakers"'? Where is 'options'?
Boom is not installed (and was never installed on this machine before).

Same issue as above. I'm just going to revert back to 10.7.4 for the time being.

Uninstall BOOM App (if it is installed on your machine)

Reinstall multibeast drivers, reboot.

go to System Preferences / Sound / Exit

in that tab you choose Internal Speaker by double click on it

then reboot

that worked for me,

Uninstall BOOM App (if it is installed on your machine)

Reinstall multibeast drivers, reboot.

go to System Preferences / Sound / Exit

in that tab you choose Internal Speaker by double click on it

then reboot

that worked for me,
what is BOOM? I have Z68 and not audio after 10.7.5 update. I tried re-installing the sound drivers and rebuilt the permissions; nothing.

Any tips?
Thank you.

I also am not sure what "BOOM" app is. never heard of it.

I also tried to reinstall via Multibeast and still no sound. I reinstalled the same way I did last time I did an update and this time it did not work. I am using the method that is sticked on this forum.

Figured it out.

Long story short. Delete your current ktext files associated with the audio. AppleHDA and the Realtek drivers.

then re-run the Multibeast app.
then follow the guide.

then reboot

Enjoy your sound!

Thanks!
Removing the audio related kernel extension did the trick. Strange issue, but great to have sound back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back