Contribute
Register

No sound after 10.8.2 update (alc898)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uninstall BOOM App (if it is installed on your machine)

Reinstall multibeast drivers, reboot.

go to System Preferences / Sound / Exit

in that tab you choose Internal Speaker by double click on it

then reboot

that worked for me,

i don't have boom app nor any outputs in system prefs / sound / output

You'll need to reinstall the appropriate audio kext again. There are DSDT versions and non-DSDT versions. Pick one.

I have the same issue. Any luck so far?

nope, its a motherboard bug, i had various results on 10.8 with different bioses ... can't figure out the pattern

on 10.8.2 - even switching bioses doesn't help

as a solution, i decided to order a usb sound interface... tomorrow ill get the Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 pro, and i will tell about the results

received the sb x-fi 5.1

works partially out of box

what doesn't work out of box:
1. volume control on the device
2. remote
3. osx volume control
4. 5.1 (though, i don't need it)

solutions:
1. out of luck, device doesn't work like HID device, so, only custom drivers needed.
2. the same as 1.
3. if u only need volume control in os - use soundflower app (google it), and set your output device to soundflower 2 ch, then, in soundflower tray select sb x-fi at 2-ch part
4. http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=15521359&postcount=18

well, i decided to continue to search for max compatible osx sound interface... it's good, that my girlfriend is locked on windoors user (3dsmax) and she'd like a better sound than integrated, so my purchase wasn't useless :)))

Sound works for me. All I had to do was replace AppleHDA.kext with the one I had previously. I'm using the modified 10.7.4 kext and DSDT, not the ML Preview/Alpha one. Bios version is F8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back