Contribute
Register

No Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
My setup is similar to yours. And it is very sensitive to pmset settings. Try to apply all my pmset settings and check sleep.
Thanks a lot for your quick answer! I changed my pmset settings to match yours. The only difference is the gpuswitch option that you don't have, obviously because you don't have a dGPU. I left it set to 2, which was the default.
Manual sleep still works fine, but I lost the auto sleep setting in System Preferences, and the Hackintosh obviously won't sleep by itself. Does auto sleep for as expected on your setup?

Capture d’écran 2018-10-20 à 22.25.34.png
Capture d’écran 2018-10-20 à 22.25.07.png
I reenabled the iGPU, but it significantly increased my boot time… I'll see how things goes, but I may well leave it to Auto!

Manual sleep still works fine, but I lost the auto sleep setting in System Preferences, and the Hackintosh obviously won't sleep by itself. Does auto sleep for as expected on your setup?

Everything looks ok. If you open Energy Saver tab in an original iMac, you will see the same window. Modern iMacs now have just one slider «Turn display off after:». It should be like this. Mine is the same.

Firs your display will go off, and the computer will fall asleep. Try.

I reenabled the iGPU, but it significantly increased my boot time… I'll see how things goes, but I may well leave it to Auto!

You can keep it in Auto, if your hardware acceleration is working with this option. Download Intel Power Gadget and check iGPU load while playing video in QuickTime. It should be like this — https://d.pr/v/OaWW5Y

Everything looks ok. If you open Energy Saver tab in an original iMac, you will see the same window. Modern iMacs now have just one slider «Turn display off after:». It should be like this. Mine is the same.
Well, the only genuine Macs I have at hand right now are a 2011 iMac and a 2011 MacBook Pro, both running High Sierra. Both have two sliders, one with "Computer sleep after:", and one with "Turn display off after:" (not sure of the exact text in English!).
Anyway, auto sleep doesn't work. The display goes to stand by, but the computer led stays on, fans spin. And it won't wake, I had to turn it off. I'll tinker some more with the pmset settings, it's on the right track!

And as a sidenote, I just noticed a typo in the sleep section of your setup; the pmset syntax to disable parameters should read:
Code:
sudo pmset parametr_name 0
Capture d’écran 2018-10-20 à 23.57.19.png
I'll gladly edit out that sidenote if you wish!

Last edited:
Well, the only genuine Macs I have at hand right now are a 2011 iMac and a 2011 MacBook Pro, both running High Sierra. Both have two sliders, one with "Computer sleep after:", and one with "Turn display off after:" (not sure of the exact text in English!).
Anyway, auto sleep doesn't work. The display goes to stand by, but the computer led stays on, fans spin. And it won't wake, I had to turn it off. I'll tinker some more with the pmset settings, it's on the right track!

And as a sidenote, I just noticed a typo in the sleep section of your setup; the pmset syntax to disable parameters should read:
Code:
sudo pmset parametr_name 0
View attachment 359281
I'll gladly edit out that sidenote if you wish!

Maybe with your motherboard config a little bit different. But with proper power management there should be one slider.

What Darkwake option do you use? Do you have SSDT for your USB?

I will fix the typo, thanks!

What Darkwake option do you use?
darkwake=2
Do you have SSDT for your USB?
Not yet, it's a work in progress. I carefully read RehabMan's guide, and I'm trying to understand the different steps. If everything goes right, I may have a proper SSDT for my USB tonight or tomorrow. Do you think it's related? Could not having a DSDT interfere with sleep?

darkwake=2

Not yet, it's a work in progress. I carefully read RehabMan's guide, and I'm trying to understand the different steps. If everything goes right, I may have a proper SSDT for my USB tonight or tomorrow. Do you think it's related? Could not having a DSDT interfere with sleep?

My sleep started to work after SSDT and proper pmset settings.

USB is the main reason why Hack wake up randomly.

So, now I'm the proud owner of a working SSDT file for my USB ports. Manual sleep still works well. Auto sleep still doesn't work, but it doesn't crash the system anymore. Way better! :) Now auto sleep puts the display in stand-by, but the computer stays awake. Keyboard or mouse input wakes the display, as expected.
I'll try different pmset settings and report back!

EDIT: with the default pmset settings, it now goes to sleep as expected, both auto and manual. Victory! I'll test it over a few days letting it sleep instead of shutting it off to see if all goes well. I'll check if PowerNap works as expected or if it wakes the Hackintosh.
@b166ar Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back