CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Recently I reinstalled MacOS on my second SSD because my first setup was messing up pretty bad. Installed all the things I needed (including Nvidia Web Drivers) and everything went fine, till I restarted my PC and tried to boot in the system. The screen went blank just at the ending of the loading for no reason whatsoever (Keep in mind, this is on HDMI). Then I tried to use my VGA connector, and that worked. I was able to boot in properly and had full GPU acceleration.

I have done everything that is suppose to be done for the installation. From changing the arguments in config.plist:

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

to removing the nvda_drv=1 argument. Basically I don't know what to do right now. I have been checking the forum but couldn't find anything useful really. Most solution methods I already have tried. I currently have the iMac 14.2 configuration since I use a Haswell-type processor

How does About This Mac identify your card?

When I am on VGA, the card works just fine as I mentioned earlier and is able to detect the GPU in the menu. You can see it in the picture I uploaded down below. Of course I am unable to get on HDMI since that won't work unless I disable the drivers.

Attachments

• Screenshot of About This Mac.png
    Screenshot of About This Mac.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 352
This is the current GPU model I got right now. https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/N750-2GD5OC.html#hero-overview.
It's a bit strange that it doesn't work now, because back in early September I already had a setup going on with HDMI fully working. But that was also the time when 10.12.3 wasn't out yet.

EDIT: So this means I won't be able to work with HDMI for the time being unless someone releases an update. I checked also if there was a VBIOS update for this card, but I couldn't really find any at the moment. Gonna continue my search for it though if there is one.

I believe that some people flashed the 'problem' card using a different card BIOS to solve the issue. Not everyone is happy to do this as it may invalidate the warranty or even (longshot) damage the card.

Another option would be to source a card with a reference type port layout that does not have a 15 pin d-dub port as these do often have inconsistent issues in macOS.

Flashing my GPU with a non-official firmware is out of the question for me since I won't attempt to brick my GPU in case something goes wrong in the process.

I still have an older GPU laying around, which is the ASUS GT640 (Link: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/GT6402GD3/)
However, that GPU also has a VGA port which could cause for some trouble as you have mentioned.

Perhaps I should just use VGA for the time being until a fix has come out for it. Or I use my iGPU if I really want to use HDMI.

Same here, I use both the DVI ports and the HDMI port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back