Contribute
Register

no-signal/black screen on installation screen "r9 270x"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use GPUZ from windows to get the rom file for your graphics card I typically use DPCIManager in macOS but hey to each its own. Now in all other versions beside High Sierra it was native but Apple has changed the graphics drivers a lot since they have been working on eGPU support. I had the same problem with my Radeon HD 7970. I always choose the patching frame buffer method rather than some injector kexts

awesome, if there anything i can do from my end plz tell me
and here is the card info https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b2466/sapphire-dual-x-r9-270x-oc incase u need it

Attachments

• Pitcairn.rar
    39.2 KB · Views: 85
many thanx for that, i have already tried them 3 times and nothing changed, also i have tried using https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/ guide "already added to config.plist" & another but cant remember where i got the info exactly which patch the ati controller from clover "working perfectly on El capitan" but with the same outcome.

but on another note, do you have any clue why would using safe mode on boot cause the auto-restart ?

I can only make a 'wild guess' . Safe Mode or safe Boot meant for real Mac to load only "required kexts to boot" might conceivably NOT load "FakeSMC.kext" [considering it unnecessary] which is needed for Hackintosh to boot.

awesome, if there anything i can do from my end plz tell me
and here is the card info https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b2466/sapphire-dual-x-r9-270x-oc incase u need it

So real quick this card Bios doesn't support UEFI so it's important to have CSM enabled in the UEFI/Bios options of your motherboard. If you feel like trying with lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext this may cause a problem. Since the developers of those kexts recommend that CSM be turned off. If you feel like trying those options you will need to flash the card to a UEFI supported rom.

I can only make a 'wild guess' . Safe Mode or safe Boot meant for real Mac to load only "required kexts to boot" might conceivably NOT load "FakeSMC.kext" [considering it unnecessary] which is needed for Hackintosh to boot.

As long as FakeSMC.kext is injected via clover safe boot works as expected. Also works if SIP is disabled and FakeSMC.kext is installed directly to /S/L/E or /L/E.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 283
So real quick this card Bios doesn't support UEFI so it's important to have CSM enabled in the UEFI/Bios options of your motherboard

already on, but about whatever green note, this is new, i will try with CSM off.

Ok give this config.plist a try it has the frame buffer patch in it already and was your original config.plist

deeply appreciate it , but sadly it didnt work.
without "inject ati" it give panic
with "inject ati" same old black screen.

@carpentryplus25 turning off CSM will throw bios error because of the GPU not supporting UEFI, so back to square one :banghead:

already on, but about whatever green note, this is new, i will try with CSM off.
With it off your computer won't boot unless you flash the card to a UEFI supported rom

deeply appreciate it , but sadly it didnt work.
without "inject ati" it give panic
with "inject ati" same old black screen.

Ok try this config.plist you must have injectATI = true By the way

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 257
Forgot to mention with my frambuffer patches you need to disable or remove lilu.kext or whatevergreen.kext if you have them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back