Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> No signal black screen after wake up(Catalina 10.15.3 based on X99)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5 1660 v3
Graphics
Asus 5700XT reference model
Hello

I built a new hackintosh based on X99 system recently.

Specification:
MB: Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU: E5 2603 v3
GPU: Asus 5700XT reference
Memory: DDR4 8G * 4
SSD: Samsung SM961 256G
Monitor: Samsung C34F791 3440*1440

My goal is to install latest Catalina(10.15.3) to get 5700XT support with Opencore(0.56). To achieve that, I followed below guides:
KGP's guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-successful-build-extended-guide.255117/
Opencore Vanilla Desktop guide: https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/o...guide/intel-hedt-config.plist/haswell-e#nvram
X99 kernel Patch: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/335650-kernelandkextpatches-1013x1014x1015x-x99/

What I do basically is:
1. For driver/kext collection and most OpenCore configuration, I mostly followed Opencore guide to get the latest version.
2. For ACPI part and its corresponding patch, I followed KGP's guide.
3. For kernel patch, I followed X99 kernel patch guide.

Now I finished the installation and Mac seems work fine, which includes:
1. CPU and its various sensors, istat menus
2. Bluetooth(seems work but didn't try connecting a real device), wifi
3. SSD trim (follow KGP's guide)
4. 5700XT native support

However, one thing is not working is sleeping. Once I click sleep in MacOS, the computer will shutdown soon. The physical power button on my case is blinking since then which I think it's indicating the computer is sleeping. However, when I press the button to try wake up my hackintosh, what I got is just a totally black screen, I mean totally no signal from monitor instead of black screen. Pressing any keys doesn't help. The debug code from the motherboard is stuck at 30. In this circumstance, what I have to do is only to shutdown my machine(My case doesn't have restart button) and reboot the system.

What could be wrong in my setting that prevent sleeping working? Any suggestion is appreciated.

And also attached my EFI.

Attachments

• EFI - Publish.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
I tried serveral times sleep and find following patterns:
1. When mouse click the sleep button, it's important that mouse should not move at all after the clicking. Otherwise instead of sleeping, it will immediately turn back to normal working status.
2. There are very small chances that wake up is working correctly. In this circumstance, after press power button to wake up the machine, still pressing some keys on the keyboard is necessary to bring back monitor signal. In this case, debug code shows on motherboard would turn from 30 to AA.
3. Most of the time, wake up is totally not working. There is no signal at all from graphic cards(would it be a graphic card issue considering 5700xt support would still be buggy?). The debug code on mainboard remains 30 forever. Only way to solve is to reboot totally.

I think I finally figured it out. It's not a software issue but a hardware issue.

It seems that the USB port of my case in front pannel is problematic. Once unpluged it from motherboard, the sleeping is working well.

For deeper investigation, I used a multimeter to validate the connectivity of each wire of both USB ports. Turns out
there is short circuit on one pin. Once testing that particuplar pin, it seems that it's not only connected to the expected USB port pin but also connected to whole metal shell of that USB port which I think cause the issue. Seems I had to replace the front pannel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back