Gigabyte GTX 760 (2GB)
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello

I have installed Mac OS High Sierra on my 250Gb SSD

The setup went pretty well
Then I installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers and
rebooted my computer

However now I have absolutely no signal coming out of my computer, I can't even see the ASRock startup screen :cry:

My screen works just fine with my laptop
I've tried using the motherboard VGA port : same problem

I don't know what to do, maybe rebooting my computer a bunch of times has damaged my power supply ? (I've rebooted it like 30 times today because the installation failed the first time)

Maybe something went wrong with the drivers ?

What do you guys think ? :confused:

UPDATE : My motherboard had just randomly died. It was several years old so I guess that's fine. I replaced it and everything worked fine afterwards.

Last edited:

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock B85 Pro4
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 760 (2GB)
Mobile Phone
Android
VGA is not supported - Apple do not use it - Use a digital connection.
HDMI does not work either

The GTX 760 has native support - No additional drivers required.
I couldn't set the right resolution and the animations were really slow so I thought I needed the latest drivers

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
HDMI does not work either

I couldn't set the right resolution and the animations were really slow so I thought I needed the latest drivers
Yes, agreed, if there's no video signal for the BIOS try a CMOS reset and boot through the motherboard HDMI - if possible. If not, take out the GTX and try again. If still no signal and the motherboard is somehow faulty or damaged you should get a POST beep signal to tell you of any problem. Check you have a mini speaker attached to the motherboard pins etc.

If you *do* get back into BIOS (sigh with relief!) and again boot using iGPU, then remove the Nvidia driver kexts, clean the cache and reboot into the BIOS and change to PCI-e First Init graphics, put your GTX in, boot again. See if you get an unaccelerated (or, as should be, a working) desktop and report back.:thumbup:

:)

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming
CPU
I7 8700k
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1080TI
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
do you have "inject Nvidia" checked in clover? I had that issue with my 1080ti

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I know this is an old thread, but it shows up high in search results, so I wanted to add a comment:

As mentioned above, you have to boot on a DVI connection, but you can *always* plug in HDMI or DisplayPort monitors AFTER you have booted up and logged in -- they are both fully hot-pluggable. I have to boot with DVI, but then I plug in my 2 DisplayPort monitors after booting (the DP cables, not the power cables), and it's all good. Because the ports clearly work, that means this boot issue *should* be fixable with a software patch, but it's well beyond my skill level.

EDIT: Ugh, posted to the wrong thread, but still helpful. Going to cross-post to the correct thread...

Attachments