Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
so my hackontosh is running El Capitan 10.11.6 and works just fine.

But when I tried installing my gpu, nvidia gtx 760, I get no signal to the monitor when booting up. The gpu itself is installed and it functions just fine, and when I plug the hdmi in to the motherboard, I get signal. I have tried using clover configurater but I’m not sure how to get that to work. Also, when I select to use the nvidia rather than the default OS X graphics, the computer restarts and doesn’t come back on.
I’m not sure what to do if I get no signal whatsoever when the HDMI is connected to the gpu. Anyone have any idea what I can do because I’m lost! Thanks.

Last edited:
Also, when I select to use the nvidia rather than the default OS X graphics, the computer restarts and doesn’t come back on.
The GTX 760 works out of the box with full acceleration with native drivers and NO injection.

The GTX 760 works out of the box with full acceleration with native drivers and NO injection.
Ok I got it to turn on now, but the only way I can get past the Apple logo is by using nv_disable=1, otherwise the computer blacks out. Also, once I get in the acceleration isn’t working and the graphics are stretched and bad quality. I can’t use apps like fcp because it says I don’t have the required graphics. I also heard that it was natively supported but it doesn’t seem to be..

Ok I got it to turn on now, but the only way I can get past the Apple logo is by using nv_disable=1, otherwise the computer blacks out. Also, once I get in the acceleration isn’t working and the graphics are stretched and bad quality.
Suggest you zip your entire /EFI folder and attach it.

Here is what is currently on my hard drive

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back