Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, guys

I'm having a strange problem with my new hackintosh. GA-H61M-DS2 (rev. 2.2 F7) + Celeron G550 + GeForce 8500 GT, etc. UniBeast + MultiBeast. The system works even without a DSDT and its vanilla DSDT .dsl dump can be compiled without any errors. Still, a used a DSDT with some sound edits, to enable sound with one patched AppleHDA.kext.

Everything pretty much works, sounds, sleep/wake, QE/CI, etc. But there's a problem: I lose display signal after booting the system up, when it's connected via a DVI to HDMI cable.

The video card has a DVI and VGA ports. If I connect a display to it via a VGA port - everything works. If I connect a display to it via a DVI port - everything also works. I can even connect both of displays via a VGA and DVI ports at the same time and both of them will work.

But, if I connect a HDTV to the DVI port via DVI to HDMI cable, than it will show the picture when booting, but will lose signal right before showing the desktop.

If I'll boot the system with a display connected to a VGA port and later connect the cable to the HDTV, the display goes black and loses signal. If I later disconnect the HDTV, the display goes back on.

So... what I know so far: the cable works (tested on multiple systems), this HDTV can get signal through it, the HDMI input on the HDTV is working, this graphic card worked in such a setup (connecting the hackintosh to a HDTV via a DVI to HDMI cable) previously, when it was installed in a different hackintosh with Snow Leopard.

So, any ideas? I'm currently stumped by this situation: how can a display connected to a DVI port work, but a HDTV connected via a DVI to HDMI cable to the same port - not?

I have the exact same problem. with my GTS250. I am not sure why, But I do.

[QI OTE=ololoch;482110]Hi, guys

I'm having a strange problem with my new hackintosh. GA-H61M-DS2 (rev. 2.2 F7) + Celeron G550 + GeForce 8500 GT, etc. UniBeast + MultiBeast. The system works even without a DSDT and its vanilla DSDT .dsl dump can be compiled without any errors. Still, a used a DSDT with some sound edits, to enable sound with one patched AppleHDA.kext.

Everything pretty much works, sounds, sleep/wake, QE/CI, etc. But there's a problem: I lose display signal after booting the system up, when it's connected via a DVI to HDMI cable.

The video card has a DVI and VGA ports. If I connect a display to it via a VGA port - everything works. If I connect a display to it via a DVI port - everything also works. I can even connect both of displays via a VGA and DVI ports at the same time and both of them will work.

But, if I connect a HDTV to the DVI port via DVI to HDMI cable, than it will show the picture when booting, but will lose signal right before showing the desktop.

If I'll boot the system with a display connected to a VGA port and later connect the cable to the HDTV, the display goes black and loses signal. If I later disconnect the HDTV, the display goes back on.

So... what I know so far: the cable works (tested on multiple systems), this HDTV can get signal through it, the HDMI input on the HDTV is working, this graphic card worked in such a setup (connecting the hackintosh to a HDTV via a DVI to HDMI cable) previously, when it was installed in a different hackintosh with Snow Leopard.

So, any ideas? I'm currently stumped by this situation: how can a display connected to a DVI port work, but a HDTV connected via a DVI to HDMI cable to the same port - not?[/QUOTE]

have you had any luck with fixing this problem. i'm having the same problem and also have a gts250. weird thing is that with windows it works but when booting up mac it just quits after the boot sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back