Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
  2. iMac
  3. Plus
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my Indigo Sawtooth I'm talking about.

I've clean installed. I've used Multibeast and not used MultiBeast, instead adding kexts by hand. Using latest Clover.

I've tried about 8 different config.plists provided by various people. These include changing several different platform IDs.

No change, no Quartz Extreme. This is not the Intel Graphics menu bar glitch. My problem is glitches in WebKit apps and particularly the Safari Tab Bar. Also I can't change my resolution from 1280x1024 to the 1600x1200 native for my old V1 Cinema Display.

Any help appreciated. I'm very new. This is my first Hackintosh, all parts picked from the guide. Below is the most recent config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.4 KB · Views: 282
This is my Indigo Sawtooth I'm talking about.

I've clean installed. I've used Multibeast and not used MultiBeast, instead adding kexts by hand. Using latest Clover.

I've tried about 8 different config.plists provided by various people. These include changing several different platform IDs.

No change, no Quartz Extreme. This is not the Intel Graphics menu bar glitch. My problem is glitches in WebKit apps and particularly the Safari Tab Bar. Also I can't change my resolution from 1280x1024 to the 1600x1200 native for my old V1 Cinema Display.

Any help appreciated. I'm very new. This is my first Hackintosh, all parts picked from the guide. Below is the most recent config.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

This should look familiar. You were helping a bit in another thread.

I know Power management is also not working. I don't know how to fix it. Every thread about it talks about laptops or other motherboards or not Sierra.

In that other thread you said "- your config.plist is default from Clover installation (not valid most of the time... and definitely does not have the correct graphics settings)."

But you see, I have absolutely no idea what the right settings are and searching for it is like trying to sip from a firehose.

Thank you for helping.

Attachments

• IndigoSawtooth.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 109
This should look familiar. You were helping a bit in another thread.

I know Power management is also not working. I don't know how to fix it. Every thread about it talks about laptops or other motherboards or not Sierra.

In that other thread you said "- your config.plist is default from Clover installation (not valid most of the time... and definitely does not have the correct graphics settings)."

But you see, I have absolutely no idea what the right settings are and searching for it is like trying to sip from a firehose.

Thank you for helping.

You are not booting from the EFI/Clover you attached here.
The Clover revision in CLOVER (inside the ZIP you attached) is v3766:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:Downloads rehabman$ strings /Users/rehabman/Downloads/IndigoSawtooth/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi |grep -y Clover.*revision
Clover revision: 3766

But your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg) is using a different Clover v3974 (and therefore a different config.plist, etc):
Code:
0:100  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 3974 on American Megatrends EFI

OK this is sort of a big help.

Is it possible for the system on one drive to be using the EFI partition of another drive to boot? Assuming so, I've removed all other drives, selected the remaining one in the BIOS, and now it boots to a blank Clover Boot Manager screen with no drives that show.

Here's the thing though: the remaining boot drive has an EFI partition that has a CLOVER folder that's fully configured.

I looked back through the Sierra guide, and I don't see an explanation of how to repopulate Clover. If I put my USB drive back in and choose to boot from that, it works fine, but apparently I have failed to install Clover correctly on the intended system drive.

I've confirmed that the Clover Boot Manager I'm booting too is 3766, the one on the intended boot drive.

I've confirmed that the Clover Boot Manager I'm booting too is 3766, the one on the intended boot drive.

If you've changed something, you will need to resubmit files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back