2X Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti 6G, PNY 780 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm running 10.11.1 with a 980 Ti and I've been trying to isolate the problem of why the plugin won't render. In my logs I see a bunch of issues with CI (core image) which this plugin makes heavy use of.

I need someone who is also using a Maxwell chip (GeForce GTX 750, 750 Ti, 950, 960, 970, 980, 980 Ti, and TITAN X) and using Final Cut Pro to test this same problem.

Download the plugin by installing FXFactory ( a free plugin database and installer).

Once you've installed FXFactory look for Dashwood Cinema by choosing Catalog at the top and scrolling down ( about 3/4 of the way down). You can then install as a trial, Stereo3D Toolbox.

Once installed, Run Final Cut Pro. It will ask you to close the program so the changes can take effect. Go ahead and do that, then run it again.

Then take any clip you have, doesn't need to be 3D. Duplicate it, so you have 2. Select both of them and right click, select Make Compound Clip.

Clips%20Selected.jpg

Double click the compound clip to open below.

Composite.jpg

Then drag one under the other, like this.

Composite%20Created.jpg

Then find the Dashwood Cinema plugin on the right.

Plugins.jpg

Now in your compound clip, choose the "Identify Left" plugin and apply it to the one you want to be left. I usually do the top, but it doesn't matter. Choose "Identify Right" plugin and apply it to the other. You should get your orange line and if background render is on it should render without a problem.

Next, create a new project. And take your compound clip and add it to the timeline. Then apply the 3D Toolbox plugin to your clip.

Timeline.jpg

What happens on mine and what should happen on yours if my suspicion is correct is that you'll get your orange render line and it will sit there and not render, never moving from %0. It will also freeze off and on. Don't worry, you'll be able to change libraries by holding down Option while you launch Final Cut Pro the next time. Then you can choose whatever library you were working on.

Please post your results with what card you're running.

Thank you for your reply.

You mostly got it right. However, I'm using the Stereo 3D toolbox full version and not the Stereo LE. I used the LE plugin too and it worked exactly like your video...no problems.

Could you try using the full version? It's a free trial to try it. I will post video when I get home showing what it does for me.

OK, well I'm having issues uploading my screen recording so that it looks clear. But I did use the LE plugin versus the full plugin and it only happens in the full plugin.

Update: Here is the video link so you can see what's happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOpPK2qxkOQ

What do you mean "working in OS sound"? Do you mean I have no sound? I have sound through an external interface, not OS sound. But I can see that you are able to use the full version just fine and that's helpful.

After trying just my 780 Ti card, which should work and has worked under Chimera, I believe that this is a Clover EFI PCI config problem which I'm documenting in this thread here. http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...s-12tb-geekbench-28-000-a-84.html#post1154217

And your profile says 2 R9's. But in your video it shows Nvidia. Is this the same computer you're demonstrating on?

What do you mean "working in OS sound"? Do you mean I have no sound? I have sound through an external interface, not OS sound. But I can see that you are able to use the full version just fine and that's helpful.

After trying just my 780 Ti card, which should work and has worked under Chimera, I believe that this is a Clover EFI PCI config problem which I'm documenting in this thread here. http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...s-12tb-geekbench-28-000-a-84.html#post1154217

And your profile says 2 R9's. But in your video it shows Nvidia. Is this the same computer you're demonstrating on?

This MacPro 5.1;) will do tomorrow at hackintosh

My Hackintosh https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5L--uV2Adp0Ymt4M0p1UUVEc0U/view?usp=sharing

Awesome. I also just realized that you're running the exact same board as me. Thank you for your video. Now I need a couple of things to compare.

BIOS Revision:
Is it modded?
BIOS settings including BIOS boot config (example: CSM stuff, UEFI Storage, UEFI Video, etc.)
Clover Revision:
Clover Drivers:
Could you also upload your clover config file so I can compare it to mine?

What slot are you running your 980 Ti in? 1,3,5, or 7?
And what brand is your 980 Ti?
Also, I noticed that you're running SMBIOS of Mid 2010 MacPro, any problems using that profile?

Awesome. I also just realized that you're running the exact same board as me. Thank you for your video. Now I need a couple of things to compare.

BIOS Revision:
Is it modded?
BIOS settings including BIOS boot config (example: CSM stuff, UEFI Storage, UEFI Video, etc.)
Clover Revision:
Clover Drivers:
Could you also upload your clover config file so I can compare it to mine?

What slot are you running your 980 Ti in? 1,3,5, or 7?
And what brand is your 980 Ti?
Also, I noticed that you're running SMBIOS of Mid 2010 MacPro, any problems using that profile?

Hi my BIOS settings: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5L--uV2Adp0Y1hQd1ZSS25tRTQ&usp=sharing
PCI slot 5
give me your folder EFI tinkering you and try from USB Flash

Sorry for the delay. I've been sick and holidays too. I was able to attach the config.plist so you can look at it.

View attachment config 2.plist

The drivers I use are:
UEFI 64bit:
OsxAptioFixDrv
VboxHFS

Extra Drivers:
OsXFatBinaryDrv UEFI

I'm beginning to think that I need to do a fresh install of 10.11.1 and then install just Final Cut Pro and the plugin and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back