Aton n270
Graphics
GMA950
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have retail version of 10.6.0 installed on my Asus 1000he, which I upgraded to 10.6.8 and after fiddling a bit using a few guides from around the internet it works perfectly...aside from preview, which will simply display a blank screen rather than the image selected. Originally not much of a problem but the issue seems to have crept into the iLife 2011 suite too. In iPhoto the image thumbnails appear fine, but when I double click an image I get the same blank screen. If I take a screenshot I get a blank screen (below images are taken on my phone) and in iWeb the editing section in the middle appears blank, but when I hover my mouse over it, it has clearly loaded the placeholders.

I assume it's something to do with the graphics kext, I understand that the 1000he has a GMA950 (GMA945). I used NetbookInstaller 0.8.4pre. I don't think it's possible to upgrade this 32bit machine with 2gb RAM to Lion, according to software update everything is up to date. The App Store says "the device or computer cannot be verified"...this is not a problem for me, I have only mentioned it if it is related in some way.

Any ideas on a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
IIRC Apple quit supporting GMA graphics with 10.6.3 or 10.6.4. You might check in the laptop forum and see if anyone there knows location of drivers or procedure to get GMA gfx working for you.

Motherboard
Asus 1000HE
CPU
Aton n270
Graphics
GMA950
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
IIRC Apple quit supporting GMA graphics with 10.6.3 or 10.6.4. You might check in the laptop forum and see if anyone there knows location of drivers or procedure to get GMA gfx working for you.
Thanks Ill head over there and have a look :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.