Contribute
Register

No power-off no sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to say, that I'm still struggling with sleep/reboot.
Other than in my previous post (where I said 'problem solved'), I'm still on 14,2 system definition. I did edit config.plist with text editor and changed system definition entry there. Later I learned, that I'm still on a 14,2 system, although it seemed to be 15,2 but it was not.
Then Changing to 15.2 with clover configurator's magic wand tool left my display dark, too.
So I went back to 14,2
Still no sleep and no reboot but shutdown.

Strange, that my rack went to sleep once perfectly, don't remember the settings I had that time ...

10mania, how did you manage sleep working fine now?

I'm sorry to say, that I'm still struggling with sleep/reboot.
Other than in my previous post (where I said 'problem solved'), I'm still on 14,2 system definition. I did edit config.plist with text editor and changed system definition entry there. Later I learned, that I'm still on a 14,2 system, although it seemed to be 15,2 but it was not.
Then Changing to 15.2 with clover configurator's magic wand tool left my display dark, too.
So I went back to 14,2
Still no sleep and no reboot but shutdown.

Strange, that my rack went to sleep once perfectly, don't remember the settings I had that time ...

10mania, how did you manage sleep working fine now?

I don't know how it works but since el capitan it is working partially. I mean it is not working completely well, it wakes up right after sleep happens, and runs for extra 30 seconds with fans working but no display, then it sleeps again. It is annoying but, I am living with it.

As for my settings, I am using system definition 6,1.

One interesting thing is, as I mentioned in my previous posts, I have another setup of sierra on different harddrive which perfectly shuts down and restarts. This makes me think that shutdown issue is related to a program running. The working setup is a try out installation, I mean no software installed.

Any ideas?

I don't know how it works but since el capitan it is working partially. I mean it is not working completely well, it wakes up right after sleep happens, and runs for extra 30 seconds with fans working but no display, then it sleeps again. It is annoying but, I am living with it.

One interesting thing is, as I mentioned in my previous posts, I have another setup of sierra on different harddrive which perfectly shuts down and restarts. This makes me think that shutdown issue is related to a program running. The working setup is a try out installation, I mean no software installed.

Any ideas?
Do you have a network connection on this setup?

Any ideas?

I support/confirm the theory: A piece of SW is running which is preventing shutdown - but I have no idea how to find out what it is at this stage (no way to login via network....)

Changing to iMac 15,1 leaves my display (on a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4095 MB) dark....and did not solve power-off on shutdown (verified via vnc).
Would be glad to get a hint (Clover settings, or kexts....)
Meanwhile Sleep/Wake-up works fine.

Hey Man~~
iMac 15.1 cannot be used if you got a Nvidia Graph Card on MB~~
At least that is what I found out on my MB.

shutdown/sleep/reboot not working.
my spec is
GTX 750Ti working fine with webdriver~~
i7 4790k
Z97 anniversary
imac 14,2

The EtherNet Card is provided by Intel~~ Still trying to fix the shutdown problem~

I have same problem ... but it solve by clean install with new unibeat and multibeat.
Restart and shutdown fine.

GA-H87-H3D
Core i3

I tried creating a new user and still no shutdown/restart.

I tried creating a new user and still no shutdown/restart.

Power off issues can be caused by USB problems. Sleep problems can be caused by no Powermanagement or USB issues. Make sure that X86PlatformPlugin, AppleLPC is loaded.

Power off issues can be caused by USB problems. Sleep problems can be caused by no Powermanagement or USB issues. Make sure that X86PlatformPlugin, AppleLPC is loaded.
Could you tell me how to check them? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back