Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi - I successfully updated to macOS Sierra on my Z77-UD5H by
- installed latest Clover (+Configurator) on El Capitan
- moved from MacPro 3,1 to iMac 14,2
- performed the update
- fixed audio

now everything is fine - except:
- I cannot do a Shutdown to PowerOff --> progress wheel (on dark screen) keeps running
- I cannot go to Sleep

Does anybody have advise ? on Clover settings perhaps ? others ?

thanks
Hausi

I have the same problem anybody have ideas please?

I too lost sleep with Sierra, though shutdown works fine.

I'm running a Z77X-UD5H with an i7-3770K, Clover install. I had to upgrade my ATI HD5870 video card to an R9 280X because the older ATI apparently isn't supported in Sierra -- lots of graphics glitches. Which is too bad, as this card's been a stellar FCPX performer for years under OS X. I guess macOS is the end of the line for the 5000 series. The 280X is a nice upgrade, and runs OOB in Sierra, no injection or other Clover tricks needed.

With Sierra and the 280X, I've had to change a few setup details which served me well throughout the Lion-to-El Capitan era. Because I overclock the 3770K, I found that only the iMac12,2 SMBIOS allowed for OC and Turbo, so that's what I've branded my system for years now. With Sierra, that sys def isn't optimized for the 280X, so performance suffers. Changing to the MacPro5,1 SMBIOS unlocked full GPU performance, and adding the "i7 Overclocked" SSDT from the latest Multibeast to Clover's ACPI/Patched folder enabled the BIOS overclock to work. So if you've got a Z77X-UD5H and an Ivy CPU you're overclocking, try the MacPro5,1 SMBIOS and add the "i7 Overclocked" SSDT from the latest Multibeast to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

Overall I'm very happy with the increased performance of my old UD5H/3770K setup under Sierra, but I do wish the system could sleep/wake like it did before with the 5870. The 280X is a beast of a GPU and I hope someone figures out how to sleep and wake it in Sierra. It's not a great hassle to turn the system on and off as needed, but reliable sleep is such a great convenience.

Here is the thing, First I tried to upgrade a dummy mac os el capitan to sierra which is on a different partition (different harddrive). It is working fine with graphics, audio, shutdown, restart. Then I upgraded the one I use all the time, everything is ok but when I say shutdown or restart, instead of verbose text of shutdown instructions, a blank screen comes and computer stays powered, not shutting down.
I looked at the system.log for the time of shutdown but nothing interesting like ERROR or FAILURE..

I cannot shutdown or reboot either - on the verbose mose Stealth mode connection messages goes on and on...

Attachments

• IMG_4688.jpg
    IMG_4688.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 227
Same problem. No Shutdown/Reboot/Sleep.
iMac 14.2
GA H87N
i5 - 4570
HD4600
There is a solution?
Maybe it's because of the processor HASWELL?

Last edited:
Same problem. No Shutdown/Reboot/Sleep.

iMac 14,2
GA H87-H3D
i3
GTX 640

The problem is solved! May be. I remove ALXEthernet.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext from EFI/clover/kexts, but now do not have ethernet on MB. Shutdown/Reboot/Sleep - work!
UPD only ALXEthernet.kext does not work with Sierra.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back