Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS STRIX Z390-F
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
When I click macOS installer after the second restart of the Big Sur installation, i get into this. So i can't finish installing Big Sur.

Verbose shows no port micro restart ( we don't support SMC on this platform) , it immediately restarts after this part of the verbose.

This image is a screenshot from the video i recorded as it immediately restart after showing this part of the verbose so i couldn't take a photo.
IMG_0203.PNG

This is not an error per se, the reboot it is scheduled and that is a notification, i assume that you used Clover to install BigSur, you should try to complete the install from preboot partition, also BigSur should be started from preboot partition as well.

Does anyone know the fix for this? I am running Big Sur 11.1 on my HP Kaby Lake laptop, and trying to upgrade it to 11.4 and when I run the macOS Installer partition it says exactly the same thing at boot - No port micro restart (we don't support SMC on this platform).

It's annoying as I've already turned off the relevant VirtualSMC plugins to no avail.

You just have to have SecureBootModel in config.plist set to “Disabled” instead “Default” during installation (assuming you’re using OpenCore boot loader). Have fun with Monterey :)

You just have to have SecureBootModel in config.plist set to “Disabled” instead “Default” during installation (assuming you’re using OpenCore boot loader). Have fun with Monterey :)
It is and it doesn't respond

When I click macOS installer after the second restart of the Big Sur installation, i get into this. So i can't finish installing Big Sur.

Verbose shows no port micro restart ( we don't support SMC on this platform) , it immediately restarts after this part of the verbose.

This image is a screenshot from the video i recorded as it immediately restart after showing this part of the verbose so i couldn't take a photo.
View attachment 500246
Alright, I believe I have found a solution to this. You likely had run the Big Sur installer directly in the OS right? Instead you should create an external USB flash installer for Big Sur. I used gibmacOS and downloaded the latest Big Sur 11.4, and then ran Apple’s USB key creation via Terminal method onto a separate USB key. I booted with my existing EFI and then selected the USB key installer. That booted and created Mac Installer on my drive, and then I ran it 2-3 times by also disabling my VoodooPS2 & IC2 drivers. That solved my problem.

Attachments

• config.plist
    45.6 KB · Views: 119
Yes sure, here it is
It looks like you're using older version of OC. If you're not using OCbuilder to build new versions, there is 0.7.1 (release) ready to download. But first check if the attached file will help. Don't forget to fill in serial numbers.

Attachments

• config-6a.plist
    46.4 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back