Contribute
Register

No Pirated Software : Is it legal to install Lion on x86/64?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Though this might seem to be the dumbest question on this portal, but yet I would like to ask.
Here we can't discuss about pirated software and that may result in banning. But about topics on installing Lion on X86? Isn't that is banned too? :idea:
I got 95% success in installing Lion on my DELL Latitude but yet decided to stay away from OSX on X86. SO please tell me... is it that Apple is just saying "Fair Usage of Software or It's license terms keeps you from installing OSX on X86"? :banghead:

Please reply, probably this question belongs to portal admins, so I sincerely expect some input here.
I love OSX on my System and this portal is the guiding light for me.

As long as the software was legally purchased, such as downloading Lion from the App Store, it's not pirated. Since the rules of the forum specifically ban talk of pirated software, this doesn't fall under that definition, so it's allowed.

My understanding is, by breaking the terms of use Apple doesn't have to guarantee anything on your build. So if it breaks, erupts in flames, or kidnaps children it is all on you.

Don't worry... unless Skynet activates.

enev said:
My understanding is, by breaking the terms of use Apple doesn't have to guarantee anything on your build. So if it breaks, erupts in flames, or kidnaps children it is all on you.

Don't worry... unless Skynet activates.

Forget Skynet buddy, Siri is what scares me..... "I'm not sure why you're asking me that, DAVE"

Siri, ring my wife!
I'm sorry DAVE, I can't do that......

Imagine a worldwide computer system that people communicate with by talking to it and it tries to help them as best it can. I hope they built the three laws of robotics into it better this time!!

IANAL.

The answer is that it's complicated. It basically boils down to which parts of the license agreement are legally enforceable. Apple says they all are, which is almost certainly false. I hope that very little is, which is similarly unlikely. Does Apple have the right to take legal action against someone merely from breaking the terms of the licensing agreement? Is it even binding to begin with, or is it an illegal contract? Is a computer's copying of a program from disk to memory subject to copyright law? These are all questions without clear legal answers.

The common sense answer is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with hackintoshing, and since Apple is hesitant to go after sites like this for fear of setting a precedent if they lose, we generally don't worry too much about it.

:D Thank you all Buddies.....
Now I wish to celebrate the new year with new OS (OSX) for my system..... :headbang:

Hate MS for its old wine.... I am all set to all new...
And hey, I won't talk anything about/supporting piracy.....
Love this HackintoSH...... My H/W and my controls...

HAPPY WEEKEND BROTHERS.... :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back