1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to get HDMI audio working and I am looking for the display adress and in IOregistry i cant find pci-bridge@1. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here are muy specs:

Gigabyte Ga-z68x-ud3h-b3
Intel core i7 2600k
Gigabyte Ati radeon HD 6870
16GB corsair vengeance RAM

pieman123 said:
I am trying to get HDMI audio working and I am looking for the display adress and in IOregistry i cant find pci-bridge@1. Does anyone have any ideas?
If you attached a copy of your IOReg, you would have your answer now. There is no way to know what you system is doing without a copy of IOReg (IOregistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As....). Verify the file opens and attach.

toleda said:
pieman123 said:
If you attached a copy of your IOReg, you would have your answer now. There is no way to know what you system is doing without a copy of IOReg (IOregistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As....). Verify the file opens and attach.

Ok here you go

Attachments

• Pieman Lion install.zip
    723.6 KB · Views: 102
pieman123 said:
I am looking for the display adress and in IOregistry i cant find pci-bridge@1.
In your dsdt, pci-bridge is named PEG0. The device is PEG0 and the display address is 1. In your dsdt, PEG0 is the place to copy the HDMI audio edits as described in the guide.

Ok i have go stated with the DSDT edits but im confused right here

d. Copy the 44 lines of code under the comment "Generic DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit"
1. If you found Device (PEG0, P0P1, P0P2 or P0P3), Paste the code over Device (P…..
Note: For a paste over PEG0, remove the last closing bracket. Otherwise, a compile will generate many errors.

2. Otherwise, paste the code into the line above the "Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)" line

e. Verify the dsdt code looks the same as the dsdt below.

f. Compile.

Ok my first problem is in the Generic DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit.dsl under generic dsdt edits when i get to Name (_ADR, xxxxxxxx) it says /** verify display adress **/ would i get rid of that before i copy it into my dsdt? and when i get to Device (GFX0) it says in green /** for nividia graphics cards**/ I have an Ati card (Gigabyte HD 6870) so do i only copy

Code:
Device (PEGP)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)     /**  Verify display  address  **/
                Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                {

into my dsdt?(I have PEG0 in my dsdt so do I change the PEGP to PEG0?) Thanks for help in advance!

pieman123 said:
Ok my first problem is in the Generic DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit.dsl under generic dsdt edits when i get to Name (_ADR, xxxxxxxx) it says /** verify display adress **/ would i get rid of that before i copy it into my dsdt? and when i get to Device (GFX0) it says in green /** for nividia graphics cards**/ I have an Ati card (Gigabyte HD 6870) so do i only copy

into my dsdt?(I have PEG0 in my dsdt so do I change the PEGP to PEG0?) Thanks for help in advance!
The compiler deletes the comments, paste as is. Use PEGP.

toleda said:
pieman123 said:

The compiler deletes the comments, paste as is. Use PEGP.

Wait but what about the part that is for nividia?

Ok i just finished the DSDT edits but it does not work, so when i verified that the edits were done correctley I noticed that the HDA-GFX was installed correctley but when I looked for the device ID and it was <88 aa 00 00> not <50 aa 00 00> so I was wondering; how do I fix it? Thanks for your guys help!

pieman123 said:
Ok i just finished the DSDT edits but it does not work, so when i verified that the edits were done correctley I noticed that the HDA-GFX was installed correctley but when I looked for the device ID and it was <88 aa 00 00> not <50 aa 00 00> so I was wondering; how do I fix it? Thanks for your guys help!
50 aa 00 00 is for example. 88 aa 00 00 is correct for your card and no edits are required (as per the note in the guide). Reply with the edited dsdt and a copy of IOReg to see if framebuffer edits are required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back