Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello,

case 1:
I have created a bootable USB for El Captain using Unibeast software. I was able to install El Captain on another USB Drive (64GB) connected GIGABYTE PC. This went absolutely fine and I now have a fully indepentent USB Drive which i can simple connect to the PC and the El Captain OS boots up. :thumbup:

case 2:
I next tried to use the same bootable USB to install El Capatin on a SATA Drive. I had formated the drive for OS X Extended (Journaled) with Guided Partition Table. During installation the SATA Drive gets detected correctly and installation begins. It initially shows 13 minutes remaining for the installation but after a minute or so, the installation fails with the following error message :crazy::
" OS X could not be installed on your computer"
"No packages were eligible for install"

Can someone tell me what's going wrong? Is my bootable USB capable of installing El Captain only on a USB drive and not on a SATA drive? :eek:

firstly,please forgive my poor english!
secondly,try this way:open Utilities-Terminal and change your systerm date when you can see the installation screen

for example : i want to change the systerm date to 2016-04-28 03:15 then type date 0428031516

the foramt is: date mmddHHMMYY

it is works for me ,i hope it can help you

Just tried installing El Capitan for the first time today. It seems that you need to set the system date to an old date, not the current date.

date 000001012016

Apparently some of the Apple certificates expired October 24, 2019.

Just tried installing El Capitan for the first time today. It seems that you need to set the system date to an old date, not the current date.

date 000001012016

Yes. It works! Thank You!

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Thanks!!! Working!!!

Thank you very much. It worked for me. Thanks again you all.

firstly,please forgive my poor english!
secondly,try this way:open Utilities-Terminal and change your systerm date when you can see the installation screen

for example : i want to change the systerm date to 2016-04-28 03:15 then type date 0428031516

the foramt is: date mmddHHMMYY

it is works for me ,i hope it can help you
Thanks dear. I registered to this forum just for saying thanks to you.

♥️

this still works in 2021! (for mojave install) thanks so much!

date 000001012016

Thanks! It worked for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back