Motherboard
MSI Z270 Sli Plus
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I have just finished setting up my hackintosh. Everything is working great! I just managed to get ethernet working after a struggle. However I have been fighting with the audio for hours now. Its very frustrating.

My motherboard ha 1150 audio... so first thing I tried was using multibeast and selecting 1150 audio and installing it. It installed with success so I restarting and.... wait no output devices found.

I have read every guide.. including the help guides on this website. I have tried EVERYTHING... but I can't figure out how to get my 1150 audio working. I am at the point where I will give someone $15 to fix it for me. I honestly don't understand how to fix this.

I know that some audio is working on the system because I have a USB webcam and it has a microphone which is being detected. But the onboard motherboard audio juts doesn't seem to work at all!

Please if anyone can help me fix this. I am pretty new at this hackintosh stuff and its starting to put me off.

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: In DPCIManager there is no Codec ID. However 2 audio devices are listed.

Last edited:
Try:
MultiBeast 9+ > Drivers > Audio > RealtekALCxxx √ ALC1150
plus √ 100 Series Audio
I am using multibeast 9+. Latest version. Thats the exact option I tried. However I didn't select 100 series audio.. what does that do?

Enables 100 Series audio.
More info: Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/
Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA
1. 100 Series​
Well I don't use 100 series audio so I don't see why I would select it? I have 1150 audio as I put in my original post. This is the only thing stopping me from using my hackintosh and its so frustrating that it wont work! I tried every guide! Is there someone I can call to help me fix it? I mean I am not stupid when it comes to stuff, I mean I got the hackintosh working and I got the Ethernet working despite multibeast not being able to install that either.. I had to get a different one and install it. So I have a fair bit of know how and I have to admit this audio has really stumped me. A few people told me they gave up with 1150 audio and just grabbed a USB audio card from amazon, I have gone and bought one but I would really like my onboard audio working.

I looked in library/blahblah whatever the folder is and there was no AppleHDA kext thing. I wondered if that had something to do with the 1150 multibeast not working correctly. I just used express settings when installing MacOS so maybe I missed something. I tried to find out how to restore the original one and apparently have to run the install again and its all complicated and risk of breaking more things so eeh. There must be a better way.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I used latest Voodoo and clicked 100 series and BOOM... I have sound. thanks for the help everything. This is now resolved!

Well I don't use 100 series audio so I don't see why I would select it?
Your MSI Z170i Pro Gaming AC motherboard does, you should
I used latest Voodoo and clicked 100 series
No config.plist entries are used with Voodoo.
AppleHDA or Voodoo; not both
Ignoring Post #2 was a bad idea
Audio install mistake ensures a future audio failure

Try:
MultiBeast 9+ > Drivers > Audio > RealtekALCxxx √ ALC1150
plus √ 100 Series Audio

Sorry to bother you. I have the same problem with ALC887. Should I "√ 100 Series Audio" too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back