Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti (EVGA)
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi, I have created my UniBeast USB drive (using Master Boot Record, OS Extended (Journaled)), and copied successfully using the default settings (no check boxes for Legacy USB or Laptop). When I F12 the BIOS, there is no option to boot from USB. I have tried this both with and without USB drive inserted. What am I missing?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe
(THANKS in advance)

Try a different USB port (in the back) and reboot.

I reformatted my USB drive, re-installed ML/UniBeast, and managed to boot from BIOS this time. I'm writing this post from my newly-installed Hackintosh! Once everything is successfully completed, I'll try to compile all my notes into something that can (hopefully) help future Hackintoshers.

Sigh. Ok, that was short-lived. I installed Multi-Beast (EasyBeast), restarted, and got boot0: error

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error

When I try to boot from USB the USB drive doesn't appear in the BIOS boot options.

Please help!

any advice? I am having the same problem with z77x ud5h paired with a i5 3570

OK, this is a really old thread, but here is what I've found:

Other USB devices mess up the USB boot menu. I had my Dell 2713HM monitor's USB plugged into my machine, and it would only see my El Cap install USB stick once every 10-20 restarts. When I unplugged the monitors, not only did it find the USB boot stick, but suddenly started listing all kinds of other USB devices, like a CF card reader.

So, unplug any un-needed USB devices before trying the F12 boot menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back