Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Other users have fixed the no audio issue by simply rerunning MB 5.0.2 and installing the ALC889 ktext again; this solution did NOT work for me and I am still audioless. I have tried to make sense of the Realtek AppleHDA fourm but it is currently above my paygrade; it is in alpha anyway, and according to many other users I shouldn't have to move to that intense of a solution yet.

The only audio option within sys prefs is "Apple Airplay". I have tried to plug headphones into all the ports but that doesn't give me another option either. Don't want to go back because of the USB3.0 support (and I didn't clone until this most recent update anyway, so going back would be extremely annoying). Any and all help would be great as others seem to be having similar problems.

Thanks

GIGABYTE Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 640

It is all of the audio. The only way that I am currently able to get audio is through bluetooth

Attachments

• Adam’s 68 Rich (2).zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
Toleda, Please check out the attached IOreg. I have attached it as well as provided the link below to download (just to make sure you can grab it)
Both files are corrupt. Use v2.1 from the link above. Verify the file before attaching.

Both files are corrupt. Use v2.1 from the link above. Verify the file before attaching.

Please see attached. I verified (but the last file could be open on the computer with IOReg on it as well and apparently it was "corrupt")

Attachments

• Adam’s 68 Rich (2).zip
    328.9 KB · Views: 94
Please see attached. I verified (but the last file could be open on the computer with IOReg on it as well and apparently it was "corrupt")
Audio ID is 892, you Audio ID should be 889. Wrong S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext installed for 889 audio.
Fix:
1. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler892.kext and all other HDAEnabler8??
2a. If no dsdt, run MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC889
2b. If dsdt, edit dsdt/HDEF/Layout-id to 0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, install dsdt and
run MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC889
3. Restart

Reply with new IOReg.

Audio ID is 892, you Audio ID should be 889. Wrong S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext installed for 889 audio.
Fix:
1. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler892.kext and all other HDAEnabler8??
2a. If no dsdt, run MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC889
2b. If dsdt, edit dsdt/HDEF/Layout-id to 0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, install dsdt and
run MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC889
3. Restart

Reply with new IOReg.

Toleda, you're the man. I couldnt find the S/L/E/HDA892.ktext but I deleted all of the other ones and followed step 2a from above. For others that have the same issue, the ktexts that are mentioned are located in system--library--extensions.

I have attached the final IOreg as requested

Attachments

• Adam’s 68 Rich_after fix.zip
    384.3 KB · Views: 110
Hey Toledo, I ran into this problem again and for the life of me I can not remember where to find the ktext files that I need to delete. Can you please ket me know. Thanks

EDIT: Found it, I was looking in the finder under Library when it is located within the Boot drive root folder. No idea where the problem came from this time as there were no additional ktexts in the extensions folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back