Contribute
Register

No OnBoard Audio After Wake From Sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that working for you in yosemite?

I am using AppleHDA from MB 6.1.0, but the proposed solution is one of the best so far. It is the proper way to handle wake event and take care of audio before it is gone. I would use it once older AppleHDA will stop working in the future.

I am using the MenuBar App "Reset AppleHDA" by Michael Clifford to facilitate unloading/reloading AppleHDA.kext and restarting CoreAudio. You can set it to open automatically at login and to run on wake from sleep. It also stores your password so you don't have to put it in manually every time.

Attachments

• audioreset-1.3.0.zip
    74 KB · Views: 1,621
Thanks, shilohh! This convenient app works very well. I just put the LoadHDA on my Desktop and run it after wake-up from sleep, and all is well. :thumbup:

I am using the MenuBar App "Reset AppleHDA" by Michael Clifford to facilitate unloading/reloading AppleHDA.kext and restarting CoreAudio. You can set it to open automatically at login and to run on wake from sleep. It also stores your password so you don't have to put it in manually every time.

Version 1.6 of that available here if anyone wants it.

https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset/releases

Works a treat.

tgeehan's method worked straight up for me.
Quick setup and no need to go an run the app yourself every time you wake up.
thanks mate!

Here is a workaround app I made for you to use until the real problem gets solved by someone smarter than me. It's a applescript app that unloads and reloads the AppleHDA.kext via shell script.

Also see toleda's post

Tried the app and got this message:

(kernel) Can't unload kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; classes have instances:
(kernel) Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA class AppleHDAStream has 2 instances.
Failed to unload com.apple.driver.AppleHDA - (libkern/kext) kext is in use or retained (cannot unload).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Edit: Fixed Problem. I had to close iTunes before running the app.
Side Note: If you are running AudioSwitcher, it also gets reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back