Contribute
Register

No OnBoard Audio After Wake From Sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a workaround app I made for you to use until the real problem gets solved by someone smarter than me. It's a applescript app that unloads and reloads the AppleHDA.kext via shell script.

Also see toleda's post

Shilohh,

The app works....mostly. I use a 27" ACD (non-TB) as my display, which has built-in speakers. When I wake my computer and then run your app, I get audio back, but only the "Display USB Output" audio, not the Realtek built-in to the MB, to which I have a 5.1 system plugged in. Gonna try the ResetAudio.app I saw earlier in this thread, but was wondering if you had any input before I try it tonight.

Thanks.

Shilohh,

The app works....mostly. I use a 27" ACD (non-TB) as my display, which has built-in speakers. When I wake my computer and then run your app, I get audio back, but only the "Display USB Output" audio, not the Realtek built-in to the MB, to which I have a 5.1 system plugged in. Gonna try the ResetAudio.app I saw earlier in this thread, but was wondering if you had any input before I try it tonight.

Thanks.
See Toleda's excellent post. It has several options to try. I'm currently using the kext from 10.9.1 and the bug is gone (I don't need anything to reset my audio).

See Toleda's excellent post. It has several options to try. I'm currently using the kext from 10.9.1 and the bug is gone (I don't need anything to reset my audio).

I don't understand Toleda's posts. It's too advanced for me. I'm old. My grasp of modern technical terms is waning.

Can you be more specific about which post? If there is a specific kexts to replace, can you attach it here and tell me where to put it in my machine?

Appreciate it.

EDIT: I don't use Clover and I'm running Yosemite 10.10.2

I don't understand Toleda's posts. It's too advanced for me. I'm old. My grasp of modern technical terms is waning.

Can you be more specific about which post? If there is a specific kexts to replace, can you attach it here and tell me where to put it in my machine?

Appreciate it.

EDIT: I don't use Clover and I'm running Yosemite 10.10.2
Download MultiBeast 6.1.0 (the for OS X 10.9.1) and install the correct alc audio kext for your motherboard. NOTE: Don't install anything else!

Download MultiBeast 6.1.0 (the for OS X 10.9.1) and install the correct alc audio kext for your motherboard. NOTE: Don't install anything else!

I have Multibeast 7.2, is it not in that one? Is it a good idea to download an earlier version?

So I download MultiBeast 6.1.0 and ONLY install Realtek ALC1150. Not Audio 1?

I have Multibeast 7.2, is it not in that one? Is it a good idea to download an earlier version?

So I download MultiBeast 6.1.0 and ONLY install Realtek ALC1150. Not Audio 1?
By "audio 1" I assume you mean the audio device injector kext that is used instead of DSDT/SSDT edits. You can install that too but I think the are the same in all versions. The idea is, you are ONLY using the patched AppleHDA.kext from OS X 10.9.1 (also known as rolling back) and nothing else from the old version of multibeast IE easybeast ect ect ect.

By "audio 1" I assume you mean the audio device injector kext that is used instead of DSDT/SSDT edits. You can install that too but I think the are the same in all versions. The idea is, you are ONLY using the patched AppleHDA.kext from OS X 10.9.1 (also known as rolling back) and nothing else from the old version of multibeast IE easybeast ect ect ect.

Ok. I'll try that tonight. If you don't hear from me, it worked and I got so excited I forgot about this thread.

Nope. Used MultiBeast 6.1.0 and installed ALC1150 (Without DSDT) and got no sound from any device. Reverted back to original using MutliBeast 7.2.0
As toleda stated in his post about this. Some methods will work for some people and not for others. That kext still works for me with my alc898 codec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back