Graphics
AMD Radeo 6000 series
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've gotten Yosemite working on a refurb'ed HP dc5800. Mine is the Small Form unit. There isn't enough space inside to mount a 3rd drive, so I have Yosemite installed on an external. For some reason it won't see the two NTFS drives inside the machine. I know Yosemite can read and write to NTFS drives as I have an Asus board with all the drives mounted internally and Yosemite sees all of them. Is there a kext I'm missing? I've got NTFS 3g installed and it made no difference.

I've gotten Yosemite working on a refurb'ed HP dc5800. Mine is the Small Form unit. There isn't enough space inside to mount a 3rd drive, so I have Yosemite installed on an external. For some reason it won't see the two NTFS drives inside the machine. I know Yosemite can read and write to NTFS drives as I have an Asus board with all the drives mounted internally and Yosemite sees all of them. Is there a kext I'm missing? I've got NTFS 3g installed and it made no difference.

Are you sure that the connectors are properly connected to the NTFS drives? And make sure you see an "NTFS driver version X.XX" line in verbose boot, or else that means that your NTFS driver isn't loading. In that case I would either search to see how to fix it or to wipe those drives entirely so OS X can see them as empty drives and populate it.

if I unplug the external drive and boot up, it boots into Win7 as per normal and Win 7 sees the extra NTFS internal HD, so it's not the connectors.

Sadly I have searched for a fix. Google, gone on a couple of HACKINTOSH forums and searched. No one else seems to have had this issue.

I will go verbose on my next boot and look for any reference to NTFS drivers. Thx.

Things have gotten stranger. My Yosemite install, on an external drive, can see a Seagate external drive that's NTFS, but still doesn't see the internal one. Odder still, if I boot into the Win7 OS, it sees the same drive, but won't write to it. It can, however, read and write to a USB stick that's format is FAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back