Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
I just created a USB boot drive following this guide here just in case i should have to recover my machine from a TimeMachine backup on a network synology drive. The USB installer works perfectly, but there is no network functionality when I reach the installer screen, and I can not access my backup.
I tried both kexts IntelMausiEthernet and AppleIntelE100e (did put them in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/ of the USB drive) but neither driver is loaded.
Can anybody confirm this? Did I miss something?

Thanks.

I don't have this issue (realtek network interface) on clover r5103, but I have heard that other users have your issues.

you may try create the recovery folder, put the kexts in the recovery folder
take a look the clover bootlog, should tell you something that useful for diagnostic

Clover development changed the folder structure
// Since December 17th 2019 there is new folder where you can store your kexts :

10' : all versions, all boot modes (normal, install, recovery). Basically same as 'Other'.
10_normal : all version, boot mode "normal", means NOT recovery, NOT install
10_install : all version, installer
10_recovery : all version, recovery
10.{major version} : all boot mode for any minor version of this major version
10.{major version}_normal, _recovery, _install : you understood it now.
10.{major version}.0 OR 10.{major version}.{minor version} : all boot mode for this particular version.
add _normal, _recovery, _install : same as before for this particular version.

Thank you itwas.
Tried that, but no solution. Either the installer loads, but still no network (10', 10_install) or the installer does not reach the "welcome" screen: (10_recovery, 10.15_recovery).

I believe this is a bug in UniBeast.

Can anybody confirm this? Did I miss something?

I believe this is a bug in UniBeast

Your logic is flawed.
What part do you suppose UniBeast plays in the setup of your network interface ?
Assuming that your hardware is serviceable then if you install the correct kext it will function.

I have the same problem no Ethernet or wifi appears. I tried every existent kext on the Internet, but unfortunately, I got nowhere, apple make it harder for us to build up a prefect machine. The solution on hardware I believe. We have to buy a new USB WiFi or forget about Hackintosh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back