Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpeg
    IMG_0851.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0852.jpeg
    IMG_0852.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Hey! Updated to Monterey. faced a problem no network intel i225. loads, gives an error and reboots. has anyone come across this? OpenCore 7.4 efi from this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z490-vision-d-thunderbolt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/. On the big sur, everything worked fine! was able to take a photo of the log now!
This error looks a lot like the one I was getting after upgrading 11.6 to 12.0.1 last night, right down to the same kexts in the backtrace. I still had networking, though, but it was so bad I had to roll back to 11.6 just to have a usable system. Suffice it to say Monterey is not as forgiving as Catalina or Big Sur

You might want to post your own EFI folder for reference (with the serial numbers redacted, of course). It's the first thing everyone asks for in troubleshooting. Right now, I'm using the prefab you've referenced as a guide (and make some assumptions as a result, sorry). Some digging reveals that FakePCIID, very present in the 0.7.4 EFI you reference, may be the cause here - from what I can gather, Monterey does not like FakePCIID. I've just spent the better part of the evening trying to wean my system off it. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I think I'll be shaking down and backing up my 11.6.1 install before I try Monterey again. I'll update when I do.

I've attached my current working, de-FakePCIID'ded 0.7.5 EFI (the relevant kexts disabled in config.plist but not deleted) and the panic dump from last night's endeavours. This might help with some pointers, but your board is vastly different to mine so I wouldn't use it as a drop-in solution. Be prepared to get your elbows dirty with your own config.plist, if not hold fire until a tested one for your setup appears somewhere.

Also, if you haven't got one, you will need a USB port map. Again, your referenced EFI doesn't have one. Don't go any higher than 11.2.3 without one, because USBInjectAll and the port limit quirk won't work with 11.3+, and you'll need at least 11.4 to start weaning off FakePCIID (native support for the i225V came in here, thus kicking out one of the reasons to hold on to it).

Attachments

• Untitled 7.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Z490 Monterey prototype EFI.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 132
remove all inject and kext for network,boot-arg add dk.e1000=0

My Intel I225-V is now working, the solution works on Big Sur 11.6.1 and Monterey 12.0.1. See fix here.

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte Z490 Vision G with only I225-V which I cannot get to work in Monterey. I tried all the mentioned solutions but none of those work...any advice?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte Z490 Vision G with only I225-V which I cannot get to work in Monterey. I tried all the mentioned solutions but none of those work...any advice?

Thanks
Hello,

I fixed mine on Z590i // i9-11900KF using the following :

boot-args parameter dk.e1000=0 & put device-id F2158680.

1637578750135.png

Everything works fine from there.

The Intel i225-V network interface does actually work on some Z490 and Z590 systems, with Big Sur or Monterey. Contrary to a comment I noticed above, the i225-V is not natively supported, however there are some close relatives that are. The boot argument dk.e1000=0 'reminds' macOS what family the i225-V belongs to, and when used together with the correct device-id in DeviceProperties, it just works.

Here are some examples:

Asus ROG Strix Z590-E (Dual i225-V LAN):
XML:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>8hUAAA==</data>
            </dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x6)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>8hUAAA==</data>
            </dict>
Plus dk.e1000=0 in boot-args = A fully operational Network!

Asus Prime Z490-A (at left):
XML:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>8hUAAA==</data>
            </dict>
Plus dk.e1000=0 in boot-args = A fully operational Network!

Note: Using FakePCIID at the same time will cause these entries to fail.

The device-id in both cases is F2150000. If your motherboard is not one of those specifically shown above, then the device-id may be completely different. Please, do not simply copy/paste and expect it to work without doing some homework!

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back