Contribute
Register

No native support for UHD 630 (i3-8100) in mojave? Have only 7mb graphics or no HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm actually dealing with the same problem myself, namely:

1. The standard "IONDRVFramebuffer" is being loaded instead of the one we want, which is "AppleIntelFramebuffer".
2. With this driver, both you and I are getting HDMI output on our monitors.
3. When I spoof the graphics device ID to 3E92, my HDMI output blacks out during boot and I also cannot check the right framebuffer.

I am going to continue troubleshooting this problem, probably as follows:

1. When booting using Clover, choose the Options menu and disable the spoofed graphics device ID (from Devices -> Properties), then select the boot disk and boot into Mojave. My HDMI will be enabled, although with the default driver.

2. Install TeamViewer or enable Remote Desktop, then reboot the machine with the spoofed graphics ID. HDMI will again be disabled.

3. Boot up another computer, run TeamViewer, and use TeamViewer to log into the Hackintosh.

4. IF THIS WORKS, I should be able to run IORegistryExplorer. But if this DOES NOT work, I will first assume that con1 is the one and only video port (my motherboard only has one port, which is HDMI, but your board has both HDMI and DisplayPort). I will enable that port and set its type to HDMI, and disable all other ports. I may have to play with BUSID as well. If "con1" fails, I'll try "con2".

You're welcome to try the same approach. But I will certainly report any progress I make. Will be out of town all next week for Thanksgiving, so my next reply in this thread will happen after my return.

I will also try to do it with remote desktop. I also orderd a displayport to hdmi cable, so I will try if the DP is working.
Will write an update if I get the result of any of these 2 methods

MultiBeast did not help me.

But I got it wo work via teamviewer. HDMI has no output but I can connect via TW:
a.png

Seems like its con2 or? But there is no parameter AppleDisplay

Edit: It also has the right VRAM
b.png

Last edited:
Cool!

Lack of AppleDisplay makes sense since there's no video output. The screenshot shows three connectors:

@0, @1, @2

@1 and @2 are most likely connected to DisplayPort and HDMI (but @0 would be worth trying if the first two fail).

I would therefore try:

framebuffer-con1-enable 01000000
framebuffer-con1-type 00080000
framebuffer-patch-enable 01000000

If this does not work, switch to con2 and remove the con1 entries:

framebuffer-con2-enable 01000000
framebuffer-con2-type 00080000
framebuffer-patch-enable 01000000

Because you have remote access, I also suggest running the FB-Patcher tool at this time and capturing some screenshots of the "connectors" page and any other relevant pages. I'm not currently on a Mac, so I'm intentionally being a bit vague...

Disclaimers:
I'm not sure if you also have to disable any unused connectors or change "busid" (or some other parameter).
The above suggestions are a starting point (I'm at the same stage of troubleshooting as you).

I also tried a number of hacks last night with no success. At this time I've concluded that MacOS simply has no support for 9th Generation Intel CPUs. (Specifically, no support for proper use of UHD 630 external ports.) Interestingly, when logging into the Hackintosh with TeamViewer and going to "About this Mac" --> "Displays" tab, I see that the computer is defaulting to "Built-In Display". This might explain why external ports are blanked out, but all my attempts to change connector types and even disable extra connectors were unsuccessful; the Mac always went to "Built-In Display". Is there a way to force the use of a particular connector?

My plan now is to install my Radeon RX 580 and switch to dual graphics mode, using the RX 580 to drive external monitors while keeping the iGPU for internal calculations (esp. QuickSync for video transcoding).

This should allow me to make full use of accelerated 4K output (from eGPU) and full use of accelerated operations from iGPU.

I really need to turn my attention to fixing audio, fixing USB with custom SSDT and then trying to get on-board Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 controller to be recognized.

The latest version of Clover Configurator now supports Mac Mini 2018 (Macmini8,1). So I plan to use that for SMBIOS because it seems to be the closest configuration to mine.

Last edited:
Installed the RX580 last night, connected the monitor via HDMI, and it worked right away with accelerated graphics and HDMI audio output. The Clover boot screen does not appear through this card, so I’ll spend a little bit of time on that, but it’s not bugging me too much right now. I am just happy to have a fully working graphics card with no graphics glitches of any kind. I want to tackle the USB port next (will wait for a rumored new version of AppleALC.kext with more Realtek audio device support before hacking the onboard audio).

I think better to put this kext into efi/clover/kexts/other
I don't know exactly, but may be WEG wan't work without enable property framebuffer-patch-enable

HTML:
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>

You can try add it with/without device-id

UPD: wrong topic, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back